pineappledan's Power Plants

So Pdan,
With the new changes to Pantegon and how the heroic epic now loses it's free great general

Will you change Bburg to get its general back and remove or make pentagon changes here optional?

Stay tuned. I have a lot of mods that require a lot of work to be done on them for re-release this patch

Update is live.

generally reduced the overall yields and quality of yields from most plants, except Tidal Turbine (water tiles dont generally benefit from improvements and other goodies, so it probably needs to be kept high)
Changed Brandenburg's bonus from 25 XP in city to 15XP globally, thanks to @HungryForFood for supplying the new code.
Removed Pentagon from building tweaks. I am more than satisfied with the changes made to Pentagon in the newest patch.
Tweaks mod now increases Terracotta from 10:c5culture: to 15:c5culture: on kills. It just doesn't feel like it cuts the mustard right now.

Update is live.

generally reduced the overall yields and quality of yields from most plants, except Tidal Turbine (water tiles dont generally benefit from improvements and other goodies, so it probably needs to be kept high)
Changed Brandenburg's bonus from 25 XP in city to 15XP globally, thanks to @HungryForFood for supplying the new code.
Removed Pentagon from building tweaks. I am more than satisfied with the changes made to Pentagon in the newest patch.
Tweaks mod now increases Terracotta from 10:c5culture: to 15:c5culture: on kills. It just doesn't feel like it cuts the mustard right now.
Brandenburg's XP being global finally gets rid of that late-game bottleneck, so thank you for adjusting. You also took the Terracotta buff right out of my head, after having used it a few times (it says 20 in game, btw). Great stuff!

Dan's mod is probably an overall improvement but I think it leaves a lot to be desired. Those plants aren't really balanced with each other IMO.
I would very much like to hear from you how you would make the yields more equitable or relevant. I did intentionally try to mix it up quite a bit, adding some bonuses here and there to give an idea of the range of options

I would very much like to hear from you how you would make the yields more equitable or relevant. I did intentionally try to mix it up quite a bit, adding some bonuses here and there to give an idea of the range of options
The first thing I notice is that your post in another thread doesn't have the exact same values (for example wind plant says it gives gold there, but not in this thread).

The 33% process thing is great, I like that they all have the same amount.

Wind seems weak (but I guess sometimes its the only option?). Non-river cities really get the short of the stick here. The culture is nice but it still just has fewer total yields. Remember that gold and food get converted to science in the late game. The balance is probably better than in main VP, but you still could have a game where despite beginning on tundra, you do well, you are neck and neck with other civs, then suddenly their river or desert cities surge ahead and crush you. The hydro-plant just has so much high roll potential compared to the wind plant.

Coastal cities can become science juggernauts with tidal plant and imperialism. Maybe they fall short of what land cities with farms can get to (but they can also skip building the agribusiness).

Nuclear is hard to judge, but I suspect its just for one city that accepts itself being weaker to give the empire an extra scientist/engineer. If I'm going great people heavy, I want a capital with like a hydro or solar plant.

Yeah, I agree about the wind, which is why I was planning to re-add the gold. My last play through had just 1:c5production::c5culture: on wind plants, but you aren’t working literally every tile, so it doesn’t have to be so much worse than everything else

I was thinking either 1:c5production::c5culture::c5gold: or 1:c5production::c5culture::c5gold::c5food:

re: the tidal plant, it does have to be pretty strong since it can’t boost GP tiles or stronger improvements. You get to augment maybe 2-3 fishing boats and an oil platform, but otherwise it has to make open ocean competitive with what a wind plant could just give to every land/sea tile

maybe hydro’s numbers should get lowered? I conciously opted for the “lowest value” yields of :c5gold: and :c5food: in late game for it. I forgot how gold is so valuable late game though, since immediacy and unit purchasing becomes so prevalent. The 5% :c5food: to :c5science: is not something I’m too concerned with. Maybe a player gets an extra 2-3:c5science: off a hydro plant thanks to their hospital, but the 10%:c5gold: to :c5science: on top of gold inherent worth at that point is something I should look into

re: nuclear, you really want it in the highest production city, which tends to be the capital. The 33% production boost is really worth it unless you have >400:c5production: in a city, but none of the other plants can compete with that if you do

Last edited:
12-20 update incorporates many of the changes into VP which gave this mod animus.

Unless something else drastically changes, I will not continue to update this mod, since I feel it is no longer offering something substantially different from the base VP's features.

Thanks for playing!

VP hasn't buffed Terracotta yet, so what is the specific file / line to change for increasing the culture yield on kill? .

VP hasn't buffed Terracotta yet, so what is the specific file / line to change for increasing the culture yield on kill? .
You can try this, I edited the files to just leave Terracotta Army left
Not sure if it's 100% working, have yet to test it

Attachments

• pdansBuildingTweaks(V3).rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 134
You can try this, I edited the files to just leave Terracotta Army left
Not sure if it's 100% working, have yet to test it
Thank you, I'm a dink and didn't even think to just edit the mod myself instead of looking to change the value in base VP files (I was unaware if the Tcotta values lay inside of a DLL/sql/xml).

The +10 just doesn't do it for me. :)

How does this submod stand with the current iteration of VP (1-11-2)?

It’s redundant. I stopped updating this mod when G overhauled power plants

It could be useful to mark the mod 'deprecated' and lock the thread.

It's good this changes made themselves into core VP.

Gratz !

He didn't really take much from my proposed changes, but he did make the endgame power plants useful enough, and he did rework pentagon/brandenburg.

I dont want to lock this in case I want to ressurect it for more changes I want to make.

such as:
perhaps I will re-release this mod with a focus on testing the new defensive building/city strike mechanics?

It’s redundant. I stopped updating this mod when G overhauled power plants

That's probably why I'm able to build Hydroplants without access to fresh water and now I'm almost at the end of a very interesting game. Jeez you would've helped me a lot if you'd quoted my question regarding the status of the modmod so that I could see your reply :crazyeye:

Resurrecting this mod, but it only does Power Plantsnow. Making it compatible with the newest versions.

See OP for descriptions of new power plants

Compared to vanilla VP, this submod makes more sense lore-wise. Downloading.

Definitely going to try this out! The modifications you made to the existing power plants look great, and the tidal plant does wonders for coastal cities.

And thank you for making solar plants usable in all terrain instead of just deserts. Even if real-life solar plants are more effective in deserts, solar panels are plenty effective in any location. Well, with the strict exception of the most north and south regions, since they don't get much sun exposure.

Top Bottom