Pinkie Pie Mod

AzureAce

Chieftain
Hi, here's a mod a certain Eternal Rival of mine made, but he can't get it to work. Any tips?

Turn it off and turn it back on?

Is it plugged in? Get a refund?

Celebrate because he's your eternal rival?

Seriously.. some hint as to what the logs say would be nice.

Hi, here's a mod a certain Eternal Rival of mine made, but he can't get it to work. Any tips?
Where is the mod ? You say "here's a mod" but you didn't attach anything or link to anything, I assume by mistake.

I was pretty sure I did attach the file, but... Alright, let's try again.

Security Token is missing, I cannot upload Zip File of mod.

I was pretty sure I did attach the file, but... Alright, let's try again.

Security Token is missing, I cannot upload Zip File of mod.

onedrive.com
drive.google.com
dropbox.com
zippyshare.com

PinkieMod.Modinfo:
  • MP3 files should be set "true" for Import Into VFS.
  • Also note that I have copied all the file designations except the dds files. They all are set correctly for "import", except that the majority of them don't exist anywhere within the mod.
  • The list of files here is relevant, however.
Code:
    <File md5="0D5FF887C8705B555E532ABUILDazure" import="0">XML/Buildings.xml</File>
    <File md5="5ACEA46E4FC7246066614D332A6azure" import="0">XML/Civilization.xml</File>
    <File md5="4EEC117D0D2ACE275DBB014D488azure" import="0">XML/DiplomacyResponses.xml</File>
    <File md5="C6CEEDWCEAACE378DC0FA482B16azure" import="0">XML/Leader.xml</File>
    <File md5="BE86344ACEA61A9E279EEC1C5F8azure" import="0">XML/Trait.xml</File>
    <File md5="EB0E56EA4BE66938E1342400000azure" import="0">XML/Units.xml</File>
    [COLOR="Red"]<File md5="E569999966938E13424D4884Pinkiepi" import="0">MUS/PinkiepiPeace.mp3</File>
    <File md5="E566666E66938E13424D4884Pinkiepi" import="0">MUS/PinkiepiWar.mp3</File>[/COLOR]
Compare the list of files designated as being part of the mod to the list of files being "Activated" by the mod:
Code:
  <Actions>
    <OnModActivated>
      <UpdateDatabase>XML/Buildings.xml</UpdateDatabase>
      <UpdateDatabase>XML/Civilization.xml</UpdateDatabase>
      <UpdateDatabase>XML/Leader.xml</UpdateDatabase>
      <UpdateDatabase>XML/Trait.xml</UpdateDatabase>
      <UpdateDatabase>XML/Units.xml</UpdateDatabase>
      [COLOR="Red"]<UpdateDatabase>XML/GameInfo/CIV5IconTextureAtlases.xml</UpdateDatabase>
      <UpdateDatabase>XML/GameInfo/Pinkie_Scene.xml</UpdateDatabase>[/COLOR]
      <UpdateDatabase>XML/DiplomacyResponses.xml</UpdateDatabase>
      [COLOR="Red"]<UpdateDatabase>XML/Religion.xml</UpdateDatabase>
      <UpdateDatabase>Pinkie/Pinkie.xml</UpdateDatabase>[/COLOR]
    </OnModActivated>
  </Actions>
  1. There is no file called CIV5IconTextureAtlases.xml in the list of files belonging to the mod
  2. Pinkie_Scene.xml I am assuming is a leader scence. They are never "OnModActivated", they are "Import Into VFS"
  3. There is no file called Religion.xml or Pinkie.xml in the list of files belonging to the mod

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the Buildings.xml file:

You have flavorings for the Walls of Babylon but none for the Pinkie building:
Code:
  <Building_Flavors>
    <Row>
      <BuildingType>BUILDING_WALLS_OF_BABYLON</BuildingType>
      <FlavorType>FLAVOR_CITY_DEFENSE</FlavorType>
      <Flavor>40</Flavor>
    </Row>
  </Building_Flavors>
You have a repeat TXT_KEY tag name, which causes the game to discard the entire file where it occurs.
Code:
  <Language_en_US>
   [COLOR="Red"] <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_WALLS_OF_BABYLON_DESC">[/COLOR]
      <Text>Partyhouse</Text>
      <Plurality>2</Plurality>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_PINKIE_PARTYHOUSE_TEXT">
      <Text><!-- Add Civilopedia text here --></Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_PINKIE_PARTYHOUSE_STRATEGY">
      <Text>The Partyhouse is a large public building designated to be used in Parties, boosting Happiness, Worker Speed, Worker Happiness, and overall Production.</Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_PINKIE_PARTYHOUSE_INFO">
      <Text>The Partyhouse is a House for Parties.</Text>
    </Row>
  </Language_en_US>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the CIV5IconTextureAtlases.xml file:

Not only is the CIV5IconTextureAtlases.xml file not registered as a valid file for the mod, but within the file there are references to xxx.dds files that do not exist.
Code:
<GameData>
	<IconTextureAtlases>
		<Row>
			<Atlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS</Atlas>
			<IconSize>256</IconSize>
			<Filename>[COLOR="Red"]AceAtlas256.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
			<IconsPerRow>8</IconsPerRow>
			<IconsPerColumn>8</IconsPerColumn>
		</Row>

• Also, there are references in the Leader (and the Civilization ?) to IconAtlases that aren't included anywhere in your mod.
  • There is also this
    <ArtDefineTag>Equestria_Pinkie_Scene.xml</ArtDefineTag>
    which I do not think matches up with anything anywhere in the mod.
  • Unless I missed it, I do not see where this:
    <DawnOfManAudio>AS2D_DOM_SPEECH_EQUESTRIA</DawnOfManAudio>
    is defined anywhere within the XML of the mod.

Wow.

Should I rub all of this in my Eternal Rival's face?

Also, when you tell it to use a nonexistant DOM speech sound, doesn't it just refuse to play anything for that loading scene?

Yeah, I'm thinking that was wrong.

Also, he fixed everything you mentioned, and he still can't choose the Leader the mod is supposed to add into the game. The leader isn't even on the list.

There are probably other mistakes I missed. Link to the most recent version of the mod and I'll try to take a look at it sometime tomorrow. It's getting pretty late for me tonight.

Tell your friend to use this tutorial and enable logging: whoward69's enable error logging tutorial

From error logs:
Code:
[8381.531] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/Civilization.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Row, Value: 
[8394.265] Invalid Reference on Buildings.IconAtlas - "CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS" does not exist in IconTextureAtlases
[8394.265] Invalid Reference on Buildings.BuildingClass - "BUILDINGCLASS_MARKETP" does not exist in BuildingClasses
[8394.531] Invalid Reference on Buildings.Strategy - "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE_STRATEGY" does not exist in Language_en_US
[8394.593] Invalid Reference on Buildings.Civilopedia - "TXT_KEY_CIV5_BUILDINGS_PARTYHOUSE_TEXT" does not exist in Language_en_US
[8394.671] Invalid Reference on Buildings.Description - "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE" does not exist in Language_en_US
[8395.781] Invalid Reference on Leaders.IconAtlas - "PINKIE_LEADER_ATLAS" does not exist in IconTextureAtlases
[8397.046] Invalid Reference on Units.UnitFlagAtlas - "PINKIE_UNIT_FLAG_ATLAS" does not exist in IconTextureAtlases
[8397.046] Invalid Reference on Units.UnitFlagAtlas - "PINKIE_UNIT_FLAG_ATLAS" does not exist in IconTextureAtlases
[8397.046] Invalid Reference on Units.IconAtlas - "PINKIE_UNIT_ATLAS" does not exist in IconTextureAtlases
[8397.046] Invalid Reference on Units.IconAtlas - "PINKIE_UNIT_ATLAS" does not exist in IconTextureAtlases
this error:
[8381.531] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/Civilization.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Row, Value:
Is caused by this in the XML/Civilization.xml file. The </Text> closer is missing:
Code:
    <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_DAWN_EQUESTRIA_TEXT">
      <Text>Hi there! It's me, Pinkie Pie! I like cake, and parties, and balloons, and parties, but what I really, really love is to see everypony smile! One day, I woke up in a strange new place, with a bunch of new friends calling me their new leader! I promise to do the best I can, and to be the best Princess ever!
	  </Row>
Causes the entire file to be discarded by the game.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_MARKETP</BuildingClass>
is non-existant in the <BuildingClasses> table, so causes the building to fail.
This error line:
[8394.265] Invalid Reference on Buildings.BuildingClass - "BUILDINGCLASS_MARKETP" does not exist in BuildingClasses
is reporting this problem.
In the file Buildings.xml there is this:
Code:
	<BuildingClasses>
	<Row>
		<Type>[color="red"]BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE[/color]</Type>
		<DefaultBuilding>NONE</DefaultBuilding>
		<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE</Description>
	</Row>
	</BuildingClasses>
change it to:
Code:
	<BuildingClasses>
	<Row>
		<Type>[color="blue"]BUILDINGCLASS_PARTYHOUSE[/color]</Type>
		<DefaultBuilding>NONE</DefaultBuilding>
	</Row>
	</BuildingClasses>
and alter to this within the <Buildings> table:
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_PARTYHOUSE</BuildingClass>
and also change in the Civilization.xml so that you have the following:
Code:
<Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>
	<Row>
		<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_EQUESTRIA</CivilizationType>
		<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PARTYHOUSE</BuildingClassType>
		<BuildingType>BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE</BuildingType>
	</Row>
</Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

These errors:
Code:
[8394.531] Invalid Reference on Buildings.Strategy - "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE_STRATEGY" does not exist in Language_en_US
[8394.593] Invalid Reference on Buildings.Civilopedia - "TXT_KEY_CIV5_BUILDINGS_PARTYHOUSE_TEXT" does not exist in Language_en_US
[8394.671] Invalid Reference on Buildings.Description - "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE" does not exist in Language_en_US
Are being caused by
being stated in <BuildingClasses>, and within <Buildings> there is this:
Code:
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_BUILDINGS_PARTYHOUSE_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE_HELP</Help>
None of which matches up to what is presented in the <Language_en_US> table:
Code:
<Language_en_US>
    <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PARTYHOUSE_NAME">
      <Text>Partyhouse</Text>
      <Plurality>2</Plurality>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_PINKIE_PARTYHOUSE_TEXT">
      <Text><!-- Add Civilopedia text here --></Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_PINKIE_PARTYHOUSE_STRATEGY">
      <Text>The Partyhouse is a large public building designated to be used in Parties, boosting Happiness, Worker Speed, Worker Happiness, City Defense, and overall Production.</Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_PINKIE_PARTYHOUSE_INFO">
      <Text>The Partyhouse is a House for Parties.</Text>
    </Row>
</Language_en_US>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

These errors:
Code:
[8394.265] Invalid Reference on Buildings.IconAtlas - "CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS" does not exist in IconTextureAtlases
[8395.781] Invalid Reference on Leaders.IconAtlas - "PINKIE_LEADER_ATLAS" does not exist in IconTextureAtlases
Are being caused by the fact that there are no such "Atlases" as CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS, PINKIE_LEADER_ATLAS, PINKIE_UNIT_FLAG_ATLAS, or PINKIE_UNIT_ATLAS defined anywhere within the mod. Your friend told the mod not run the file CIV5IconTextureAtlases.xml instead of fixing the real problems that (a) the file had not been properly registered in the mod, and (b) the file was defining an IconAtlas that had references to dds art-file-names that didn't exist anywhere in the mod.

Also, if the icon isn't that important, how can he skip over that and use the icons of a Civ already in the game? Or just some circle thing?

Also, if the icon isn't that important, how can he skip over that and use the icons of a Civ already in the game? Or just some circle thing?
We all really try to help with every problem, but did you or him even bother reading a tutorial or having a look at other mods?
You are asking questions covered in Kael's guide. Please read it.

Full respect to LeeS!

So, fixing all of these will let the mod work?
It ought to since those are the only errors being reported in the logs.
You can always borrow Icons from the pre-existing stuff Firaxis supplied.

In the building, you can do this, to borrow the palace icon:
Code:
<IconAtlas>BW_ATLAS_1</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>19</PortraitIndex>
In the civ, you can do this, to borrow the Civ-America Icon:
Code:
<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<AlphaIconAtlas>CIV_ALPHA_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>
Though depending on how the icon interacts with the chosen player colors it might look a little ugly.
For a unit, you could do this, to borrow the info from the Knight unit, as an example:
Code:
<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_KNIGHT</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitFlagIconOffset>25</UnitFlagIconOffset>
<IconAtlas>UNIT_ATLAS_1</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>26</PortraitIndex>
The game allows you to 'borrow' existing stuff in this manner, which is a helpful way of making sure that your XML is working for adding a unit, building, civilization, and allows you to then change the mod to add custom art-work later. You will know in such a case that the basic XML of the mod is correct, so any problems that occur in adding the art icon for a unit (for example) are due to only one of two basic problems:
  1. you haven't defined the new IconAtlas correctly
  2. you haven't "made" the art Icon files correctly
But you will know in such cases that the rest of the code is good.

Sorry 'bout that. He's the kind of guy who'd stroll into a firefight, effortlessly getting headshots and expecting his own natural awesomeness to protect him. He's great when he does actually think, and when he does, he can rival me, sometimes even surpass me, but... I think the fact that his boring-ass sadfest of a life has trained him not to think may have something to do with that.

Top Bottom