Pinochet: savior of Chile or useless fascist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the happiest nations were those that had the least gap between the richest and the poorest?

I thought the happiest nations were those that had the least gap between the richest and the poorest?

Yes they are, and they tend to be the most prosperous too. But then again heritage.org and the likes only measure "Economic Freedom" in terms of billionaires, and skewed statistics.

Theige, we Irish know full well that we were never anywhere near the figures being excreted out by the likes of the IMF and our government. It is very hard to fool a people about wealth when they have no way to access the benefits of the same.

I tried to find them the other day. It's difficult to get the exact words with all the nonsense on the internet.

What are the statistics we can trust Brian?

Trust nothing of what you read, half what you see, and remember that official statistics always lie.

From what I've gathered, Theige measures happiness on a scale of yachts-owned-by-millionaires.

No, I rely on people who actually measure happiness by, wait for it, asking people how happy they are. It's a truly novel method :p

And here is the list

Trust nothing of what you read, half what you see, and remember that official statistics always lie.

So your opinion is the only one that matters, glad we've gotten that all cleared up. :goodjob:

No, I rely on people who actually measure happiness by, wait for it, asking people how happy they are. It's a truly novel method :p

And here is the list
And I see that Ireland is just below Venezuela. What correlations do you find in that, I wonder? :p

And here is the list

So your opinion is the only one that matters, glad we've gotten that all cleared up. :goodjob:

India #115? :lol:

I've seen Bollywood movies.

No, the happiest ones are ruled by Jigme Singye Wangchuck.

Probably why it doesn't get one- the "Swedish National Bank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel" isn't actually one of the Nobel Prizes, people have just been mislead into thinking it is, and the alchemists of capitalism aren't about to contradict them. ;)
"the alchemists of capitalism" Waaahat??? Let's be a bit more clear here, shall we? The prize is given out by the Swedish Central Bank. What does that have to do with free enterprise?

Isn't being one of the most respected economists in the world like being one of the best astrologers/tea-leaf readers in the world?
No It's about being of the best supporters of lies. The foundation of the state is lies. "Respected" economists promulgate state-supporting lies. The main lie in this domain is the idea that printing money somehow causes economic growth.

Printing money benefits those who print it. Us ordinary folk lose because our money gets diluted. This is not complicated.

How can countries that consume less than half of other countries thrive more, enigma?
Because individual satisfaction is not determined by general consumption? Especially not when so much Western consumption is driven by manufactured desires consciously engineered to be insatiable...

No It's about being of the best supporters of lies. The foundation of the state is lies. "Respected" economists promulgate state-supporting lies. The main lie in this domain is the idea that printing money somehow causes economic growth.

Printing money benefits those who print it. Us ordinary folk lose because our money gets diluted. This is not complicated.

Why are you crying about what states legislate about money, when money itself is a creation of the state? Shouldn't you be trying to barter with other people using some non-state-controlled commodity instead of complaining about how the state controls money?

Without the money, there would be far less growth. And the rich would have an even bigger share of the smaller total wealth.

And Yemen. And pretty-much-everywhere-he-wants.
As long as it's not the USA, who cares?

Since when did most people know what makes them happy? And know the difference between the opiate type of happy and the "my life is in order" type of happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom