Pirates! Mod

Zach-Attack

Chieftain
The Age of Discovery is ending. The Europeans race for dominance in the New World and Africa. They thought that their troubles with barbarians were over. But little did they know that the barbarians were coming once again, only this time on the sea...

Pirates!
Pillage the High Seas!

The mod begins in the Golden Age of Piracy (1650 -1730). There will be four scenarios: The English Campaign, the Caribbean Campaign, the American Campaign, and the Barbary Coast Campaign. When I say campaign, I mean where they were being attacked by pirates. The English Campaign will be where England and Ireland are, along with coastline of France, the Netherlands, and Denmark-Norway. The Caribbean Campaign will be based in the Caribbean, but will consist of most of Mexico, Northern South America, and the coast line of the US from Texas to Florida. The American Campaign will be the Eastern US map found in the original game. The Barbary Coast Campaign will be the Barbary Coast (Western Africa) along with the southern Iberian Peninsula. You're automatically at war with everyone, and you're goal is to find all the treasure. So, this is like the Barbarians mod with the "treasure part" from the Vikings mod. Each Pirate Leader has their own trait (ex. Blackbeard has "The Power of Fear": Every enemy unit killed +1:) in all cities, +1 War Weariness in all enemy cities). If their are two pirate civilizations in the same map, (The American Campaign is the only one when it happens) They are automatically allies. I've also decided to add some "Pirate Lore" like finding Captain Kidd's Treasure, the Kraken, etc. Overall, I'm hoping this is a good mod and you'll all like it.

Here's a list of the Pirate Civilizations:

Caribbean Pirates - Henry Morgan/Calico Jack
American Pirates - Blackbeard/Black Bart
North American Pirates - William Fly/Edward Low
English Pirates - Henry Every
Barbary Pirates - Uluç Ali Reis/Aruj

The European civilizations:

British Empire - William III
French Empire - Louis XIV
*Dutch Republic - Anthonie Heinsius
Spanish Empire - Philip IV
Kingdom of Denmark-Norway - Christian V

(*The Dutch are vassals of the British, as William III is the Prince of Orange at the time)

(There will be more on the Barbary Coast, but I'm not exactly sure about all of them just yet)
The Pirate UUs and UB are all the same:

Pirate (Replaces Musketman)
Pirate Ship (Replaces Ship of the Line)
Stronghold (Replaces Harbor)

The European Civilizations all have their own UUs and UBs.

So that's Pirates! in a nutshell. This mod is in the early stages, so help would be appreciated. Please tell me what you think (and if you could provide animated leaderheads :rolleyes:). Until then...

[Cheesy Pirate Voice] Argh!

Spoiler :
Updates

- Changed "Power of Fear" from all units receive Combat I to Every enemy unit killed +1:) in all cities
- Added "Pirate Lore" objects

Top Bottom