Pitboss game for fun

dual install....one more time :)

:confused: Since you were unable to reset the timer, it would have been preferable if you could have given us some notice on the restart. Or maybe even just restarted it at the same time of day that you took it down would have helped. I'm normally sound asleep at 2 in the morning when this thing fired up.

I'm not asking for a restart or anything. I'm pretty much playing a dead civ, so I doubt missing a turn will make much of a difference. But I am at least trying to play it out to the end ... :shrug:

I'm pretty much playing a dead civ, so I doubt missing a turn will make much of a difference. But I am at least trying to play it out to the end ... :shrug:

or you could just roll over and die :rolleyes:

He started it before 2 in the morning. I live in Alabama and was able to take my turn during prime time last night.
Well I checked civstats before I went to bed and it showed the game as still being down. But that still doesn't change my original point. Since the timer was not reset, maybe it would be better to give folks some notice regarding what time the game will be restarted. As I said, it is probably a moot point for me in this game. But a bit more transparency is usually a good thing. :dunno:

or you could just roll over and die :rolleyes:
Ahhh, so that's your strategy? You intend to bore me into capitulating! ;) I was beginning to wonder! Actually, I'm rather surprised that you are not feeling the effect of war weariness, yet.

Ahhh, so that's your strategy? You intend to bore me into capitulating! ;) I was beginning to wonder! Actually, I'm rather surprised that you are not feeling the effect of war weariness, yet.

In game there is no war weariness this early. :) That is beauty of it!

Sorry to be posting another noob question, but I could use some clarification on the DM rule. Evidently, the game allows a player to login and move units even after having pressed enter to end their turn. Would this action not be considered a double move?

Depends, did the player gain an advantage by doing so? if so then yes. The advantage could be as slight as being able to put an axe on a hill.

Someone want to direct me in the direction of bam, he's the one im searching for!

Also kudos to rash for having the time to build so many workers! doubled my worker total this war ;)

Too Bad Rash has given up on the game :(

As for the DM it could be me...I hadn't decided where to move my troops... And I know when Conroe plays...So those units havn't DM'ed they just didn't move before Conroe logged in this time :). Also since Conroe has logged in since my last chariot move, He is ware of it, thus anything I do when clock rolls over wouldn't be a DM IMO.

However By Pressing "enter" I take the chance that the turn could roll over without me getting a chance to log back in. In that case it would be "no move"

Depends, did the player gain an advantage by doing so? if so then yes. The advantage could be as slight as being able to put an axe on a hill.
I advanced my stack on the assumption, the apparently false assumption, that my opponent had already moved. My opponent did not gain a slight advantage ... but rather a HUGE advantage. We're talking about the difference between losing the entire stack and losing a couple of units.

As for the DM it could be me...I hadn't decided where to move my troops... And I know when Conroe plays...So those units havn't DM'ed they just didn't move before Conroe logged in this time :). Also since Conroe has logged in since my last chariot move, He is ware of it, thus anything I do when clock rolls over wouldn't be a DM IMO.
I would have thought it to be a double move. A player should not be able to go to the well twice in a single turn. Whether the MP community considers it a double move or not is beyond me. It is certainly poor sportsmanship!

The ironic part of all this, though, is that there is no chance of me winning this war. The inevitable result is exactly the same, whether you pull this stunt or not.

My guess is this practice has been going on all throughout the war. The confusing incidents a few weeks ago when Memphus was refusing to press enter make a lot more sense in light of this. I play at roughly the same time each evening. The play clock was such that I could possibly be the last one to play. By not pressing enter, he has the opportunity to login afterwards and DM me.

I will be out of town until Sunday. I will queue moves today although I fully expect Dave to put me out of my misery before then.

**EDIT**
Can't connect so perhaps I won't be queueing any moves.

Nice one what? I have yet to do anything? Unless you mean the Great Library?

Sill AI is all over me...

Top Bottom