1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitboss game for fun

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by DaveShack, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Well I guess my rebbuttal would be a couple of things:

1. Robboo I made thast agreement with you & BCLG.
    2. Both you & BCLG wanted me to join them in attacking the other.
    3. Right now you are weaker than BCLG, and left your entire backdoor open.
    4. I have not decalred war yet (although yes this was my intention this turn) and gave you 1 turn notice. So technically (politicians do this all the time) I am not declaring war on your now, but declaring war on the AI, thus no deal is broken.
    5. :backstab: is something that happens in this game and in real life, it happens so much in this game there is a symbol for it...
    6. As I said I am truely sorry...

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Hmmm actually i didn't and still don't really have any desire to attack robboo. Except for the gamewise desire of attacking and killing everyone.

mauer, is the person you know matrix? he always seems to pop up.

3. Memphus

Memphus Deity

sorry BCLG you are right. I have looked back into my records, and that was more tryign to read inbetween the lines.

I stand corrected. BCLG did not want to attack you Robboo

4. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

Matrix would be a good one to ask as well, but I was thinking Bodean.

5. robboo

robboo Deity

perhaps you shoudl check civstats.. I am AI already yes I am serious.

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Bodean, i'm going to leave a massive stack of axes on your border as a show of force and let you smack em up, ;) wont he be a little busy with pressing matters mentioned at cdz? or has that all calmed down a little now

7. robboo

robboo Deity

1. shows your game style and that is not good form. Every one here should now consider all their deals with you as only good till you see otherwise. I am above this in life and in a game.
    2. Part of our deal was BOTH you and I agreed BC was a threat to win so he needed to be dealth with. Also this was before I actually knew where BC was. It was discussed in terms of everyone we were playing who we thought could beat us.
    3. You may want to reconsider just how weak it was...I have almost everything near by. I saw your stack when you told me you were on BC's backdoor and waiting.
    4. nice...what a concept. Well you aren't playing so I didnt break our deal although a meant to if you were still playing for one more turn. Are you a politician in real life. "I smoked but didnt inhale." "I was for it before I was against it."
    5. Sorry... I can list a at least 25 players I have played with who would disagree. You should play on your honor. You appear to play to win at all costs. My reputation is better than that.
    6. I think you know what I think about you. If its not clear...PM me and maybe my thoughts on you and your ancestry will get through unfiltered.

I consider this to be is a hollow victory for you.( would it perhaps be the first multiplayer single person game you won...probably is my guess). You will win unless all of the remaining players kill you off.( which I suspect they will since you admitted to breakign your deals when it suits you) If you need to resort to lying in deals in order to win. It shows that you cant win on your own but you need to lie to get a win. You are no better than a person who looks at a spoiler or reloads in single player till that hut gives you a tech. What ever you need to do to win a game is what you would do. I woudlnt have been nearly as ticked if you would have been man enough to come to me and say..."Rob our deal is working for me. I want it to end in 5(or 10 or 20 turns). Good luck."

Oh and you can ask anyone else....I never asked anyone to attack you.( till this turn) In fact I asked one player to divert his attention to someone else. Thats what I do for people I am in deals with. I cover their backsides and stick to the deal even if it means I lose.

8. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Well, this is a bit unexpected.

9. robboo

robboo Deity

Despite requests asking me to return. I will not. I simply cant for the reasons mentioned above not associated with this game. As BC and I discussed...once civ becomes a bother more than entertainment whats the point. I have reduced my pitbosses in half in order to stay playing a game but for it not to feel as a chore to get my turns done. The actions of memphus just helped me decide which game to keep

10. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

Well that sucks.

11. DaveShack

The game has been down because we took a power spike last night, and then my game computer wouldn't connect. I had to leave it and go to work.

The network connection is working again now, but I don't know if the changes will have caused pitboss to not work. Guess I'll try it and see what happens.

However... do we want to find out if a replacement will step in, before too much time passes with an AI? I'll go by a simple vote on that.

12. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I think my vote shouldn't count, thus i abstain. (and it also makes sure we don't have a 2 versus 2 draw)

13. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Which civ version is it? 3.13 or 3.17?

14. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

Since you're asking, I'd rather there be a person in that slot.

EDIT: 3.17

15. Memphus

Memphus Deity

:bump: ?? any news?

16. DaveShack

Sorry, had to be away for a few days.

I'll be restarting it sometime tomorrow. Everyone please check in.

17. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

yo......10

18. Memphus

Memphus Deity

in.....checked

19. DaveShack

The game is running now. 22 hours left when I started it up this morning.

20. Memphus

Memphus Deity

and you are the only one who needs to play...so feasibly everyone has minimum 24 hours before they could lose a turn