1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitboss game for fun

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by DaveShack, Mar 5, 2008.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I just noticed that, so I could have played this morning.

2. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

Is BCLG aware of this? I think he's actually going to be away for a few days. He's got subs in two other games.

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

im back now :)

4. DaveShack

It's up now.

5. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

I hope we can agree to a no DM Memphus? Looks like you go first if we do.

6. Memphus

Memphus Deity

@mauer I agree :) I will not DM. I have moved my troops for this turn, I have not ended my turn though as I wasn't sure about a DM from you. I will not DM.

7. Memphus

Memphus Deity

oh btw, you city with jsut the chariots, i would start defending ;) (yes i have LoS to all your cities so i am ready for your approach with Cannons :)

DaveS on the other hand didn't play last turn....but his troops are comming via my NE. so a war on 2 fronts...hmmmm :evil:

8. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

I figured you could see my cities with espionage anyways. I'm sure all would agree that I am far from the most powerful in the game, so your evil taunting does not phase me :p

9. Memphus

Memphus Deity

maybe not most powerful but you could of cut through Robbo's cities like a hot knife through butter and significanlty increased your land mass :)

10. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

Barring someone giving me a bunch of techs, I think the possibility of me making a name for myself in this game was nil.

11. DaveShack

We had an out of the blue power outage earlier today. Game restarted.

12. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

I seriously wish you would stop logging in multiple times after I play my turn Memphus. If you're just waiting to see what happened after I move or whatever, rest assured that I will always let you go first. I would love to believe that you're not saving moves depending on how I move my units, but given your reputation in this game thus far, I'm hoping you'll understand my doubts.

13. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I totally undrstand your doubts. I log in so that i can scan. This turn more so because of the strage scores changes between you & BCLG. I know understand why the scores changed as they did. I suppose technically I doubled moved this turn, (although as soon as I logged in it was unavoidable) sincee the declare of war and then subsequent peace, thus my units were moved out of your borders mauer (which i am sure you are ok with)

14. DaveShack

It's down due to a problem with the game computer's connection. Should be back up this evening, sorry about the downtime.

15. DaveShack

Finally, it's back up.

Memphus - the AI made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

16. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

and the plot thickens

17. DaveShack

This will either even things up, or end it quicker... time will tell.

I sure wish Civ games would let you say "I'll get back to you in a minute" and poke around a bit before answering AI diplomacy.

18. Conroe

Conroe √∞

No clue about MP games, but in solo games you can press the F4, F5, etc keys to examine the status screens before answering the message.

19. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Hey Dave ~

I didn't move any units (i.e. attack you) at forked river because you havn't logged on and i didn't want to DM. That said i needed to be online as i am at war with an AI as well who moves the second the clock rolls around. Your units are sitting ducks for what i have in that city right now, but I will wait until i see you log int before finishing my turn.

My units in the NE have also not moved as I could pick off the maceman but once again you havn't been on yet.

So I have played half of my turn. Once you log in I will finish. (otherwise i attacked you 2 times in a row)

20. DaveShack

Oops -- I was waiting for you to move first after the DOW, and using the turn ended as an indication. Given no turn ended came up last turn, I assumed you didn't know it was running again and refrained from playing at all. BCLG didn't end turn either.

I haven't even looked at the game yet in two turns because I've been waiting to see that end turn indicator, so have no idea what you might have done, but if you moved and didn't end turn last turn then I'll either be reloading or quitting.