Pitboss game for fun

in, works fine. quick loading.

I still do not know how to join this game. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Start BTS
On the first menu, choose "multiplayer".
On the 2nd menu, choose "direct IP"

On the 3rd menu, the right half of the screen is connection info.
Fill in your user name at the top. Then on the right half:
Fill in "daveshack dot dyndns dot org" on the address field, replacing the places where I said "dot" with a period and taking out the spaces. (Writing addresses this way helps keep down the attacks by automations which scan web sites for IP addresses.)
Press connect (I think that's the name)

On the next screen, choose an open civ and launch it. You'll be prompted to create a password.

If you have any snags along the way, post a screenshot and we'll be happy to help. :)

I started :D

Works for me! :thumbsup:

And it looks like we now have 8 players. Any timeframe, Dave, on when we might start this up?

I still do not know how to join this game. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Personally, I found Dave's instructions to be an excellent guide. The only thing that I would add to them is if you are running some sort of firewall, then you will need to make sure that BTS has access to the internet.

This is not the civs we are going to use right. how are we picking civs. First come first serve, same civs allowed or random....

I figured we could allow same civs. How about we have everyone PM me their top 5 leader/civ choices (unrestricted leaders), and I'll see if all can be accomodated that way.

My connection is timing out ><

Comcast in my part of town had a fiber cable taken out by someone else's truckload of equipment. I probably forgot to drop and restart the pitboss after reliable internet returned.

Are we choosing civs, or just starting up a game with a whole bunch of randoms? I'm fine either way, in fact it's easier to just be random with first come first served. :mischief:

Im quite happy to post my civ choice in the thread if thats easier dave.

Figure if were allowing duplicates then everyone will get their first choice anyways so no point in doing 5?

Personally i'd prefer to choose civs-that way no-one complain if they're unable to connect immediatly.

I'll be sitting bull of the native americans please :)

:confused: So do we PM you our top 5 choices or do we just post the leader/civ that we want to play?

Personally, I'd rather NOT go random given the unrestricted leaders option. Some combinations just have no synergy whatsoever. I think it is one of the reasons that the AI has so much trouble with the option in SP games.

Top Bottom