Pitboss game within the team

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
There was some interest in a pitboss game within the team, so I'll see if I can get it running on my system. If you're interested in playing, please post your preferences for which leader you'd like to play and any special requests about the map. If more than one player wants the same leader then we'll need to consider how to resolve the dispute. Also include in your signup how long you think the turn timer should be.

Current IP 68.63.191.219

The pitboss game is now live. I just generated a 18 player all random game, and anyone who wants to join can just pop in there and grab any available civ, first come first served. Put in your password and you've got the civ reserved, unless you get kicked for not showing up often enough. ;)

1. Launch Civ4
  2. Multi Player
  3. Direct IP
  4. on the top of the popup screen put your user name
  5. on the right half of the screen put this IP and no password.

Choose your civ, enter a password, and play your turn. Once you hit enter you can leave the game (to main menu or desktop) or leave it running, your choice. It's on simultaneous turns and a 48 hour turn timer, just to give us all a view of what it would be like to go all around the play order every 2 days.

I'll be signing up when I get home today if there are any civs left.

2 days should be plenty of time. And if this works out it'll be a heck of a lot better than 24 hours per team (max 1 full turn every 5 days).

I'll join up as well DS.

The beauty of Pitboss is it will play your turns if you're not there to participate.

I've tried twice to join and it times out both times.... Any ideas?

I don't know if you have to have a game name or not. In the Pitboss games that I've played, I've always hosted them. So I'm not familiar with connecting to one.

I am having trouble connecting as well.

Yes it works now thanks

I also saved a spot for Whomp. ( I covered up the map so as to not see his starting location.)

Everyone needs to check the chat log by pressing ctrl-tab. I didn't see any pop ups of the messages but they are all logged there.

Are there any rules, such as "don't all attack Tubby"?

Are you Catherine? If you are we have no other choice but to attack you. :love:

any spaces left?

Mauer said:
Um, that would be me :scared:
Hehe. No issues here Mauer. Admiral Kutzov vouches for you. BTW you're Izzie and she's pretty hot too! :lol:

Ok ive installed pitboss to my main directory and turned off every firewall etc i can see/think off and yet my connection keeps timing out, any ideas?

Top Bottom