Pitboss not working?

MrPopov

King
I can't seem to connect to a pitboss game I created using 1.03.

It hangs on "waiting for civ choices..."

I did a search on this forum and found only 1 post containing pitboss (from July 2007) and the readme doesn't mention anything about pitboss games so is it safe to assume that it's not working with RFCMP?

Launch the "Civ4BeyondSword_Pitboss.exe"

A list of mods you have installed will show up, or select "none" to load vanilla BTS. After selecting Rhye's and Fall MP and next the application will reload the game with the mod.

The next screen is to setup optional email reminders from the pitboss host, and can be skipped.

Then it's simply a matter of selecting what type of game (LAN, direct IP, or Internet) and loading the scenario you want. After loading the scenario, you are at the staging area and wait for people to connect.

However at this point, when I've tried to connect it hangs on the civ choice screen.

ok, so I've now gotten as far as entering the game with 1 player, however it is immediately OOS when I enter.

I started a game using the pitboss and having all AI, then connecting to the game and taking over the Babylonians. An OOS error occured immediately (before doing anthing).

I then saved the game, then reloaded it and so far it is working fine. I was able to rejoin as the Babylonians. I will play for a while and see how it goes from there.

something wierd happened on turn 77. I thikn that's when Persia spawns, but anyway after I ended that turn, the game started auto-playing. I couldn't do anything but sit and watch as turns started ticking by. I wasn't able to alt-tab to the pitboss, save and exit until turn 148 or something :crazyeye:

When I reloaded, the game continued to auto-play with no human players. I guess that's a problem due to the fact that when loading pitboss games, it doesn't load to a staging area, but instead right into the game. In vanilla, i suppose it would be waiting for a human to end the turn, but with all AIs that I started in RFC, it is able to play without a human?

hey, I just tried it.
Starting the pitboss as you said, chose Direct IP, then opened 2 instances of the game and connected both to my ip. I waited for the Ethiopian spawn and then switched.
No OOS experienced.
It was all local, but still...

EDIT: after the switch, I'm stuck on "waiting for other civilizations".
I guess now I've something to check again

When I said the game was "playing" itself, it was stuck on "waiting for other civilizations" too, but looking at the turn counter it started rising. I noticed even the AI (and barbs) weren't moving any units either. The Arabs spawned during this "auto-play" Sur, and Jerusalem flipped, but I didn't see any camel archers raoming around.

Now, when you said you switched civs, were you given a dialog box, just like in Singleplayer? Because I never saw that in my game as Babylonia when the Greeks spawned.

just wanted to revisit this thread. I have again been trying a bit and keep running into problems where the game suddenly starts rushing through turns automatically. I have tried saving and reloading the pitboss, or just reconnecting from the client machine but either way it just sits on waiting for other civilizations and skips my turn. (actually I think all AIs are skipped to because on the pitboss screen, nobody's score is moving)

ah great news Rhye!

If there are some simple tests or other conditions you want me to try I would be happy to.

Hi, we started a new try to make a RFC-PB, but we are still hanging at the same problems as 2 Years ago. Has anyone an idea to fix this bug?

When you (what should be normal) at the set up of the Pitboss, declare every of the 4 starting civs as "human", you could take in the Civ-Chossen-Screen no civ, not one only - I think that's the main Problem.

When you declare every Civ as "Computer" you could chose all 4 in the Civchosen-Screen, but the game starts (what MrPopov said) with an OOS, and when you quit an log in again, Civ is "killing" a Civ in the Chosen-Screen, until you can again chose no civ.

I mean, It must be possible to make a Pitboss with RFC, but there are a stupid bug, which makes it unpossible to play it.

Ok, I think I've found the Problem, but not the solution yet^^

At first, you have to set all Civs at "AI", then you log in, for example as Egypt, an the game startet with an OOS, no problem, you log out and when you login the second time as Egypt, everythings fine. When you log out, in the Pitboss-Host-Window shows, that the status of the Egypt is "disconnected". that's right, a Civ, which is noch log in, should be shown as "disconnected"

But then the Problem: When you log in as a different Civ (for expample Babylonia), RFC changes the status of the Egypt, while it's loading, from diconnected to "unclaimed", and this is the problem. You cannot login as a civ which is on "unclaimed". i don't why, buts it is not working.

So, how can I say RFC-MP, that it shouldn't changes the status of the Civs, when you log in as a diffrent Civ. Or how can I say RFC-MP, that it let login as Civ, which are on "unclaimed"....

... hmmm

Top Bottom