1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitboss: Shrines stop building once you logout

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by zecherFrag, Nov 12, 2013.

1. zecherFrag

zecherFrag Chieftain

Hi,

we have launched a Pitboss game with 7 players on a dedicated Server, and noticed a bug today: When building a shrine, as soon as you log out, it disappears from the build queue. The next time you log in (even before the next turn has started) the game will ask you to select something for production, or if you have something in the queue after the shrine, it will have started to build that. We have not noticed that happening with anything else yet, but we are round 10ish, so we have not build a lot :)

Is this a known issue? Any work arounds? I have auto saves of every turn, but even going a couple of turns back before I started my shrine does not fix the issue. What is your experience with bugs like that, is there a good way to report them or are they likely to be ignored?

Cheers

2. zecherFrag

zecherFrag Chieftain

Here is a save in case it helps.

Attached Files:

3. Edgar_Newt

Edgar_Newt Chieftain

I am having the same issue, but not just with Shrines. It seems to be an intermittent bug in that it will affect a player for ten turns in a row (consistently asking for a new build order because it failed to retain the build order from the prior turn). And then it appears to fix itself. I cannot believe we are the only two people who have experienced this issue.

4. illarion

illarion Chieftain

Not just you :-\ We're experiencing this in our game - or rather, my friend - specifically - is. Has never affected me, and I believe it's only when we're using the dedicated server.

This thread makes me think it may related to mismatched DLC:
    http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...without-Steam-amp-disappearing-shrine-re-sync

EDIT: If you stay logged in until the turn runs, does that fix it? (You say "when you LOG OUT, it disappears")

5. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

Some friends and I are having the disappearing shrine problem in pitboss right now.

Strangely enough, at one point I could not get a granary build to survive a logout either, but that seems to have resolved itself reloading several turns back.

If you stay logged in for the turn roll, the shrine build will start up, but won't survive a logout (which is the point of pitboss, isn't it?).

DLC would explain why shrines (and is seems Temple of Artemis, ? others) would get singled out for this treatment.

dV

6. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

Our pitboss game is working fine (at least for the moment) with everyone disabling all DLC except for BNW, which matches the server setting (nothing but BNW). I got a shrine built.

dV