Pitboss Version Mismatch - BTS 3.1.9 from Steam 3.1.9

Riffix

Chieftain
Greetings fellow Civ Fanatics! I have a problem I was hoping you could help me with. :D

I have been running a vanilla pitboss server (1.74) for myself and my friends for a long time and I wanted to try running a BTS one but I am running into problems.

I get my civ installs from steam and those have always seemed to be the correct version except for pitboss. With vanilla even though the steam version of the game was 1.74 I had to find the 1.74 exe for pitboss and replace the exe in the steam folder before I could run pitboss.

For BTS, the versions SEEM to match....

And my game indicates it is at 3.1.9...

But when I try to connect to a game I get the error about version mismatch:

Any thoughts? Is the problem the client's version or the pitboss version? I would believe that a different pitboss exe is needed like it was with vanilla but I could find anywhere that had a download for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

No one has any ideas? How is everyone else playing/hosting Pitboss? What version are you guys using?

Thanks, that would be worth a shot. Do the clients that connect to your game run 3.1.9? All my friends use steam so that is what they are going to have.

BTS 3.19 I think. Dont know if it is the same as 3.1.9

Also, I never used Steam.

Send me a PM with you skype or e-mail for example.

I'm embarrassed to say that I just spent 5 minutes looking for how to send a PM to you on this forum and I can't find it. The FAQ says it should be under Quick Links / Misc but I don't see the option there. Maybe it's a feature I can't use because I am new? Could you send me one first so I can respond? :/

So thanks to 2metraninja I was able to troubleshoot. Apparently, the problem was the vanilla pitboss server I had running concurrently which I thought I had read was possible but it must involve some other configuration. Running either of them on their own works just fine. Thanks.

Top Bottom