Pitfalls of Democracy, A Community EU3 IAAR

Nintz

King of the Britons
Alright, so, I'm feel pretty confident in saying that the majority of people here have EU3. Also, as this is the Paradox game I happen to be best at, I chose it for this IAAR. Also, this is being run in my spare time, so turn times questionable at best. I will also be running Misc. Mods for this as well, which adds a couple of alt-history start dates, as well as a handful of idea tweaks, and other things, such as dynamic colony names.

Now: Our nation. I don't know. You choose. Any nation at any start date.

If you want to see the alt-histories for possible nations, look at the official Misc. Mods thread here.

House Rules

1. No cheating. This includes the console, and reloading the game in most cases.

2. Reloading allowed for glitches, CTDs, or other technical problems.

3. Orders to be dictated by players in the thread. Conflicting orders will result in majority being preferred. A tie will be broken with a coin toss.

4. The mod is to use his own discretion for minor events, such as most events and day-to-day activities.

5. Any declaration of war upon the player will immediately halt the current turn, to be reviewed by the players.

6. The mod is supreme. He reserves the right to change/add/subtract any and all rules at any time.

100+ views and no replies. Seriously? :p

:( No one posted. I guess I'll pick my own nation.

Prologue will up soon I guess.

Welcome, one and all. You have been called in to help direct the course of this new nation. As most of you will already know, the Europeans are completely fractured. This was partly caused by British and Celtic pagans, not to mention the Baltic and Scandinavian pagans as well. With the Spanish unable to gain traction against their Islamic foes, and the sectionalized Italy and Germany, France was the only possible threat to Muslim rule. After numerous civil wars, they finally have broken apart, with many nations already independent, and more likely to follow. Soon, all Christianity is bound to fall.

Back here in Greece, the people have embraced the teachings of Muhammad. With the Ottoman Empire leading the way, the people have turned to the one true light. Sadly, many are still oppressed. The Venetians have two different client states in the area, and both them and Naples have other influences in the area. All of these individual states proclaim Christianity as the true faith, despite their people being devout Muslims. Obviously, this can not be stood for.

If I may suggest, a royal marriage with our much larger neighbors could be a good plan. They control the area for now, and are the most major threat to the Christian kingdoms.

Also, I was told to provide you with a brief overview of the early policies we have adopted as a nation. We are a fairly traditional society, with Mercantilism and Aristocracy having the most influence. Most other sectors are neutral, or only slightly biased. Also, we have made church attendance mandatory, which has resulted in a much more stable nation (-33% stability costs). Of course, it could be overturned if you so desire.

One final note: It may be wise for each of you to "adopt" a political party. Certain factions have built up a presence here already, and may suit your views and needs. Of course, you may feel free to make your own, or even remain non-partisan. Up to you.

Political Overview, 1399

Nobility
Key Policies: Serfdom, Aristocracy
Support: 22%

Merchants
Key Policies: Mercantilism, Plutocracy
Support: 28%

Army
Key Policies: Land, Offensive
Support: 16%

Clergy
Key Policies: Narrowminded, Serfdom
Support: 10%

Non-Partisan
Key Policies: None
Support: 24%

Subscription Post.

Yay! Someone else finally posted! :)

In an unrelated note, I will have a short update later today. I apologize in advance for the lack of screens (only 1), but I was actually playing this file as a personal game, yet it turned out being the only time I made any progress forward as Athens. I discovered that even playing peacefully resulted in Epirus and Aachea declaring holy war, which always dragged Venice in as well. I had to ally with a couple decent nations to make even the slightest bit of headway.

I'm in.

Cool. Feel free to add your two cents at any point.

Now. When you last saw the nation, I had simply shown you the current situation. Our king has continued to lead the nation without all of you advisers, as best he can. He decided it prudent to pursue several alliances. He managed to rough out alliances with Candar, Karaman, and Cyprus in his early years. Then, He looked to the borders. Aachea was tempting, yet his allies were loathe to attack Venice's puppets. So, instead, he turned to Epirus. A poor country, and guaranteed only by Naples.

Normally, that alone would be enough to send our troops another way, but it was discovered that Naples was in the middle of a couple north Italian wars, namely the Muslim ex-state of Urbino, and the Christian state of Tuscany. While not a decisive war, it saw enough troops committed to allow the Athenians to re-take Epirus for the Greeks, and the support of our allies convinced Naples to let us out of a white peace following said war. Athens was now at two provinces. However, on all sides the Venetians threatened.

Aachea was allied, and a sphered puppet. Corfu and Naxos were both direct vassals. Albania to the north was actually protected by Croatia instead. However, they were then allied to Bohemia. The Holy Roman Emperor at the time, there was no need to tangle with his forces right then. So, the island of Corfu became the next target.

Our troops invaded the island, and quickly secured it. With the Venetians busy in both Milan and Aquileia, no troops were spared for the Greeks. Additionally, Cyprus and Candar both honored our alliance, allowing us to provide significant leverage against the Venetians. Karaman dishonored our treaty however. Nevertheless, we continued to hold our ground. When the opportunistic Cretans invaded Naxos, we were limited to securing only a single island, as we had previously worked out a white peace with Aachea for fear of Venice.

Venice was no fool however. Despite a 0% war capacity, and a 17+ war exhaustion, they knew that they could easily win this war should they recover. As did we. Thusly, when the Venetians offered to release the island of Corfu as an independent nation, and to pay us a trivial sum of gold, we accepted the offer. Especially given that the Venetians refused to give us anything we asked for.

So, we are at peace for now.

Random Chowder

Our king is a Komnenos. Not really worth anything, but we were the same dynasty as the recently-eliminated Trebizond.

I have neutralized the Serfdom-Free Subjects as the first slider change.

I changed to National Bank over Church attendance duty, giving -0.08 inflation, and -5% interest in this mod.

Royal Marriages with Ottomans, Cyprus and Karaman.

Allied with Cyprus and Candar.

Bureaucracy has been expanded with the province decision.

Political Standings, Nov. 1406

Nobility
Key Policies: Serfdom, Aristocracy
Support: 20% (-2)

Merchants
Key Policies: Mercantilism, Plutocracy
Support: 24% (-4)

Army
Key Policies: Land, Offensive
Support: 20% (+4)

Clergy
Key Policies: Narrowminded, Serfdom
Support: 8% (-2)

Non-Partisan
Key Policies: None
Support: 28% (+4)

ooc: I do not understand EU 3 .

Then, honestly, you should just buy it. Even the complete edition (EU3 Chronicles, not EU3 Complete) is pretty cheap on Steam, and I would guess Amazon and the like as well.

Quick update that this is going to be a very slow-paced AAR usually. I'll try to keep it going, but it is sort of the "if I have nothing better to do" given everything else I am involved in. Including a CKII AAR over at the Pdox forums.

In response to the question, I have no clue. I installed a mod called "Aut Caesar, Aut Nihil", or something like that, and never bothered to take the font back off, though I could.

Top Bottom