Pitjantjatjara Design Feedback Wanted

Mikhaelstan

Chieftain
Hi all, looking for feedback on this design for a central Australia Aboriginal group. Goal is to provide culture, Great Artist and Great Writer points from the landscape.

UA- Tjukurpa, earn great artist and great writer points from each discovered Natrual Wonder and Landmark.
UI- Bush Tucker, an improvement that can be built on desert and plains tiles. Each one provides 1 food and 1 culture.
UU- Park Ranger, a cheaper Archaeologist replacement. Able to build a Landmark anywhere regardless of the prescence of an antiquity site. If built on an antiquity site it starts a We Love the King Day in the nearest city.

In an ideal world the Bush Tucker improvment is a Farm replacement. It represents the close connection the Pitjantjatara have with the land and their hunter gather lifestyle. These tiles don't recieve increased yields at Civial Service or Fertilizer.

The name Bush Tucker is Australian slang for native food and the only name I could think of. I'm open to suggestions.

The Park Ranger represents modern efforts by the Australian gvernment to encourage Aboriginals to manage the lands in an effort to protect the environment and get the locals to reconnect with their culture.

Thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The UU is way too strong. Landmarks provide tons of culture, similar to a great person improvement but for culture instead, and you could practically have one on every tile! Small thought as well, how much culture would those grant? Normally, you gain culture based on how old the item you dug up in an archaeological dig is.
I like the UA though

Thanks for the feedback. I'm struggling to come up with a unique unit and the Park Ranger was always a stop gap. Glad you like the UA.

In idea could be to make him able to see hidden antiquity sites when stationed on the same tile as those.
Still keep the WLTKD-bonus of it though, as that's pretty cool!

That's an interesting idea. Just a point of clarification, are hidden antiquity sites revealed when a Park Ranger is stationed on a normal or hidden site?

What I meant was that, whenever a Park Ranger is stationed on top of a hidden antiquity site, that specific antiquity site is revealed. This means that, with a bit of luck and/or exploration, you can extract hidden antiquity sites even when not going for the exploration policy track. And since it only reveals them while on top of them, it does not make the exploration policy track entirely useless (even tho it is a pretty weak track already)
NOTE: I don't know if it's possible to do, but if it is you'd definitely require Lua.

I get it now. Another idea I've had is that the Park Ranger treats all antiquity sites as if they are hidden. This way there is a chance of recieving a lump of culture or a great work of writing. This would fit the idea that the landscape provides culture and art works that I'm aiming for.

Top Bottom