Pit's UEM Earth v5.5 - Nightmare Eternity - Full Barbarians (Angry/Cities/Civs) - Never Razing Any Cities - Israel (personal modmod edit).

Somebody613

Deity
Decided to make a separate thread for myself, after all.
Well, I was already having good time with Jerusalem alone, and then Alexandria again decided to join me. Yay!
Now, Venus is being built and hopefully won't get snatched by Russians (the only possible contender, I guess).
Soon will have a merged Spiked Clubman, and a bit later will upgrade it to Neanderthal, and add a General on top of it, lol.
My current strategy was to invest captured animals into culture (getting 78 culture per certain animals is a beast, lol) up until I expanded at least once.
And it was seemingly a good strategy, since it brought me Alexandria, hehehe.
Also, captured a few Captives (and Gatherers, lol) from my neighbors - and still using the trick to immediately Cease Fire as soon as possible, which is like after 3-5 turns usually, loool.
Obviously can't yet snatch cities due to the pesky Tribal Guardians, buuut we shall see about soon, see above for my army plans.
So, pausing the game for now (decided to post this simply because Alexandria flipped again, and I think it's a good point for a break away from the PC for a while, lol).
Ah, I forgot to screenshot it after the flip.
Well, I'll do it later, probably when something big happens (like capturing a city or dunno).
To sum up once again:
I enjoy this mod.
You can win it even on the hardest setting - you just need to be a cheater who doesn't cheat.
MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
:king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

Attachments

• ISRAEL.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7.5 MB · Views: 10
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
LOOOL!!!
My [City Trader] Real Life Personality Trait just kicked in so hard!
Here's the timeline:
1. I capture Babylon with my MERGED Spiked Clubman General (and 2 more regular MERGED Spiked Clubmen, but that was just to make it faster).
2. I capture Istanbul with only the General alone (slower, but the same result).
3. I see that my money takes a dip, so I lower Research to 0. Happens, not the end of the world yet.
4. Babylon drops out of Disorder... only to keep being disordered and on the verge of Revolting. My income goes to -19 even on 0 Research. Dammit.
5. By this time, I have a nice army of 3 MERGED Neanderthal Spiked Clubmen, while 2 regular Neanderthal Spiked Clubmen sit in the 2 new cities (1 in each) to defend them just in case.
6. I try fighting the awful negative income by building and selling Story Tellers, but I quickly realize it's way not enough.
7. I literally sell all of my units (even a couple Gatherers), except for the General. Still does nothing, but I have a longer breathing time until my money ends.
8. I go on a General hunt towards Arabia. I see I can take the city just as easily (duh).
9. I remember my previous playthroughs! Hey, THERE's the SOLUTION!
10. I reduce Mecca's defenses to 1 unit. Then the next turn I sell the city defender in Babylon... and GIFT it to Arabia. And then I capture Mecca.
11. The trick?! I'm currently using a Neanderthal Spiked Clubman (General)! This guy is a Pseudo-Barbarian!!! Mecca is "captured by a Barbarian NPC". MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
12. My income immediately fixes itself (somewhat, still negative, but at 100 Research, not 0), lol!
13. Next time: Do the same trick with Istanbul. Then turn Babylon to Barbarians again by capturing it. And then comes Istanbul's turn, lol.
14. Long term plan: I have 3 Barbarian cities nearby. I have a Super General. Do I even need to explain HOW I'm gonna exploit all of this?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

7.9 MB · Views: 9
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 40
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 38
Hehehe.
Turn 630 report incoming.

Cities: 4 (1/2/2/3).
Gold: 55 + 0/turn.
Research: 0% + 43/turn.
Position: Top-1 (Score/Stats).
Revolt: Insignificant.

I lllove this game!

Additional notes:
As you can see, Russia and Arabia are Minor Civs, lol.
And Babylon's capital changed its name (on its own, not me doing it).
Well, that's because all three went through being Barbarian cities (courtesy of Mister Not-Barbarian from the last screenshot, loool), though their culture somehow persevered to cause them to flip back to their original civs.
Somehow.
No idea, why, honestly.

More notes:
Take a closer look at the list of built Wonders.
Two of them have "suspicious" completion dates, don't they?
Well, yeah, so let's say some more thanks to our Mister Not-Barbarian and his Captured Friends, loool.

Final note:
Well, technically, this game is also obviously won through and through.
Nobody can pose me any real danger, including Barbarians, who aren't exactly Raging for some reason either.
So, yeah, this is pretty much yet again a potential "Game Over, but you WIN".
And these are the hardest ever possible settings (though also including some that I know how to take advantage of, like Merging Units).
Nice, eh?
LOL!!!

And once again:
I lllove this game!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 34
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 28
    8.5 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Turn 700/701.
Damn, I like this game, loool.
Want endless Captives?
Just keep taking out the re-emerging Minor Civs, lol.
Didn't want to screenshot it, a pity, but I've got some 9 or so Captives from Persia, simply by wiping it out and then wiping it again, because it re-emerged in but a few turns, loool.
Kinda what you can see with Arabia - but even more so.
Gave a bunch of Gatherers and a bunch of Captives, so I could build an entire Wonder in like 3 turns, yup.
Still kinda boring, which is sad, because it gets really funky in certain aspects.
Oh, and I learned to prioritize stuff over other stuff, more and more.
Overall:
COOL!!!

Attachments

8.7 MB · Views: 9
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 22
Turn 800.
The game has turned BORING as Hell.
I'm at FIVE cities and NEUTRAL income (consumes basically all Research from Trade, but that's significantly less relevant than you'd expect).
I'm casually wiping out civs whenever I find myself near anyone.
Barbarians aren't yet "a joke", but that's because I keep my General a Spiked Clubman, even though I could go Axeman any time I want now.
I'm absolutely Number ONE in anything that even remotely counts - and nobody is even close to think of pushing me from the TOP.
To sum it up short:
Boring, already won, too slow to enjoy.
I think this is IT, really.
I've proved the concept long ago that I can easily win even a hardest settings game.
I guess I'll retire it now, since it's really just extremely boring.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 26
    9 MB · Views: 10
Now do it without a cheat start ;)
Kinda did.
You know, that one game where I bloated with way too many cities and had to feed-manage them to various civs to stop endless revolts.
It was an Ultrafast game, though, and it got boring just as ultra-fast, loool.
And if you mean an Infinity game, well, maaaybe sometime, but it's just too boring.
Also, define "cheating".
I literally just placed a "random" city in a "random" location on a pre-made map - without editing ANYTHING except for that city's initial location.
Basically, this could be treated as an "overly lucky random start", which it kinda IS.
You wanna blame anyone - you can blame the MAP, loool.
The same way I placed a "random-not-random" city on a Duel "not-Space-anymore" map previously in such a way that it was starting on Stone near Obsidian.
Both of which had been placed there by the MAP's author, lol.
I totally disagree that this is "cheating" in any other way than "reducing random MALUSES", and you won't convince me otherwise, mwahahaha.
That said, I could try a totally random start on that Duel map (because of the small size, meaning WAY SHORTER turn times FOREVER).
But I'm very much not INCLINED to do so, because it's somewhat, lol, masochistic.
Yyyup.

I literally just placed a "random" city in a "random" location on a pre-made map - without editing ANYTHING except for that city's initial location.
Starting with two natural wonders and close enough to get a literally free city from culture revolt? Yeah, no, that's not "random"*; that is close to, if not the, literal best possible starting spot you could have, and we all know about snowball effects. Also, I happen to notice a holy city in your capital while you're still in mid prehistoric... I think that's a pretty reasonable definition of cheating.

Try a random map so you don't have a broken start, or maybe, try putting an AI in that broken spot of yours while you start elsewhere (far away) and have a goal of reclaiming your holy land. And, lock modified assets too. That, I would say, would make sure you don't cheat ;)

* By this definition of random, I could be a better card player than any world champion, because I could refuse to play out any game until I start with an unbeatable hand. See the issue?

Starting with two natural wonders and close enough to get a literally free city from culture revolt? Yeah, no, that's not "random"*; that is close to, if not the, literal best possible starting spot you could have, and we all know about snowball effects. Also, I happen to notice a holy city in your capital while you're still in mid prehistoric... I think that's a pretty reasonable definition of cheating.

Try a random map so you don't have a broken start, or maybe, try putting an AI in that broken spot of yours while you start elsewhere (far away) and have a goal of reclaiming your holy land. And, lock modified assets too. That, I would say, would make sure you don't cheat ;)

* By this definition of random, I could be a better card player than any world champion, because I could refuse to play out any game until I start with an unbeatable hand. See the issue?
Yeah, I see jellybeans where I see jellybeans, lol.
Anyways, here's a Definitely Fully Random Start (still good enough for certain bonuses, but literally chosen by the game engine).
Turn 777 (lol).
Somewhat in the middle of the Scoreboard, waaay down in Statistics, and quite an achiever in Wonders - all without pretty much any hunting or capturing, since Barbs are CRAZY here.
Note that I still happened (literally randomly, surprised myself) to manage to unlock Neanderthals (so much later that I was utterly shocked nobody managed to do it till so late).
And I was literally 15 turns short of going from size 1 directly to size 3 (but had to reload and be happy I at least got the Wonder itself, since I've pre-built it a while ago, oh well).
Absolutely NO Natural Wonders in MY vicinity - but I've seen some while exploring, so SOMEONE got at least something there (probably Japanese, judging by their Score).
Still going strong and can easily dedicate a few dozens turns to build a formidable a army (can build 1 Clubman every 3 turns, lol).
Was going for a LL Wonder, but was too late, instead getting a crazy amount of gold - which is, let's be honest, also very good in advance.
Simply planning on pre-building a bunch of Clubmen, and later gonna upgrade them for gold, lol.
To sum up:
Too far to say that I can easily win this - but absolutely NOT losing it either.
Depends on what I shall focus on, after all.
Hah!

Attachments

4 MB · Views: 9
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 25
*NEW START*
Reloaded the same map initialization and started anew (the previous game was just dragging itself out with no definite results anywhere).
Placed the city one tile sideways (for slight convenience, not much of a change) - and now playing a totally different strategy.
Namely, "train" one single Brute (and as soon as possible, Clubman) unit to pile up promotions (THAT is what you use these "piles of angry Barbs" for, lol) until it's way above anything else.
Like, takes out Stone Throwers as if those are Pigeons, lol.
Oh, and Free Promotions are a must - my dude got to Combat *FIVE* without investing in more than one or maybe two of them.
THEN, go find a Barb city that is built on a ZERO Defense Bonus tile (not too necessary, but saves a lot of trouble).
THEN, capture it.
THEN... no, DON'T use it as your second city (it WILL kill your economy this early into the tech tree).
INSTEAD... gift it to another civ, preferably the TOP one.
THEN... you can guess - RECAPTURE it.
THEN, as soon as possible (which is, like, 2 turns, lol) - make Cease Fire and give it BACK to the moron you are MILKING for Research (and some very small gold), loool.
RINSE-REPEAT until it stops giving you significant free Research.
THEN... switch to another TOP civ (unless you are one now, lol).
RINSE-REPEAT the RINSE-REPEAT.
Lo and behold - you're getting DOZENS OF TURNS IN FREE RESEARCH... repeatedly (well, if you are not the TOP civ yourself, but this IS a "non-cheat" game, so you WILL SUCK at first).
And, well, eventually you can ASSIMILATE that city... and just go for ANOTHER one.
Of course, soon EVERYONE WILL HATE YOU... but they ALREADY DO ANYWAYS - and WHO CARES, when YOU ARE THE BOSS ANYWAYS.
MWAHAHAHA!!!
(NO screenshots for now, too lazy to do it and not much what to show there, since I explained everything already.)

Aaand... CUT!
Just check the save and the screens, loool.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 25
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 27
    3.5 MB · Views: 10
UPDATE, lol.
Yeah, I clearly can win even a totally random game, though getting access to Neanderthals (in some way) is still very much preferable, of course.
No Natural Wonders, had to capture a city to get Caves in the first place... and still am wiping out civs like pigeons, because I now know how to play, lol.
Exploiting the exploitable game mechanics is NOT cheating, mwahahaha!!!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 25
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 34
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
UPDATE.
Really, is there any point in further playing?
If I wanted, I could just plain walk around and kill absolutely every civilization with very little effort (still would need some healing between city wiping, but that's a minor inconvenience).
Oh, and since I finally upgraded the Pseudo Barbie (and thus can't Barbietize cities anymore), I'd just keep feeding the cities to ONE civ from the bottom of the Score List, lol.
Or even from the very top, because there would be very little difference, to be ruthlessly honest.
And then I'd just let the Real Barbies do their janitor job during the 30+ turns it takes a city to wake up, loool.
Way too boring and way too pointless at this point.
So, does ANYONE still contest my claim of being able to win a Max Hardness Game, eeeh?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 50
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
UPDATE (dunno why I can't just quit this, lol).
The way I see it, my "bragging" above about being able to wipe the entire map clean, is already in motion.
I just wiped out 2 civs, gave their cities to the single Friendly civ (coincidentally named Neanderthals, lol) I have on the map... and they lost them to Barbies almost immediately.
That way I can reduce the map to just me, my "friend", and a bunch of dumb Barbies running around like headless chickens.
And then just slowly capture one city after another (I already have EIGHT cities on a BALANCED economy, loool), until I capture the WHOLE map.
Also, this slowly but surely gives me other Native Cultures (already have Asian, European, Oceanian, on top of my initial Middle Eastern), lol.
So, in the end I will have the entire map to myself (though no Space, since I cut that off for quicker turns and less memory wastage) and will have all Native Cultures to play with.
Not that I need it anyways, since I'm doing perfectly fine with just a single merged Neanderthal Stone Maceman (which isn't even the best available unit, let alone including the cultural ones).
And I remind you that this playthrough was a Proof Of Concept that it's possible to win an entirely HARDEST SETTINGS game even without any circumstantial "cheats" like Natural Wonders.
Well, I'm doing precisely that - and I bet you can see that I'm a 101% decisive winner by now - there's nobody on the map capable of doing more than merely annoying me, if even that.
It's a proven concept through and through.

Attachments

4.8 MB · Views: 11
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 40
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 44