1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Place your bets! The next DLC Civ coming out is...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by jpinard, Oct 19, 2010.

1. jpinard

jpinard Martian

If any of you have come to know how development works nowadays it should come as no surprise that Firaxis already had a load of Civs' completed (Mongols). They will be trickled out over time to continue the revenue stream after the core game stops selling. It's easy money and there's no reason to hate them for doing it. Let's just hope those extra dollars go right back into development and not into Management's pockets.

So lets have some fun - place your bets on the next Leader/Civ! :)

I'm placing all my money on Isabella II of Spain. We need more females in the game and Spain is a big omission for a Civ.

2. PickledDictator

PickledDictator Warlord

Does it really matter :rolleyes:I would rather the DLC be patches that fix MAJOR issues, then we can add some lame picture of a civ with recycled abilities to the mix.

However, to your point, I agree that Spain is a good choice, and Isabella has been a favorite of the series so I doubt that they would move away from her

3. ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey King

I'm guessing Spain will be one of the first DLC packs that is released.

It'll be Spain, plus Inca or something and some kind of colonization-themed scenario.

4. ezwip

ezwip Prince

How much would it cost for dolphins in the ocean? I'd also like to see lions, tigers, and bears. We used to have a panther how much? I'd give my left nut for a banana tree.

5. ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey King

6. PickledDictator

PickledDictator Warlord

:groucho:

7. ezwip

ezwip Prince

I've seen some screenshots of what the game really looks like. This is looking to be the most expensive game ever sold to a customer.

8. ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey King

It is? How so?

The normal edition's price was 50$, which is 10$ less than games from many other publishers.

(incoming nonsensical argument about future DLC and DLC prices)

9. ezwip

ezwip Prince

If you were to purchase each DLC... then likely the same in the next expansion... and yet again in the third. Let's say they release 12 more leaders on each.

50 + 50 + 50 + (36 x 5) = $330

Of course you could spend more in the long run on a mmorpg but still that is one hefty price tag.

10. ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey King

You seem to that think a game is the same thing as its DLC.

Spoiler :
    It isn't.

EDIT: Also, where are you pulling these prices out from? Can you give us a source that will verify your claim that the expansions will cost 50$? And you pick an arbitrary number of future DLC civs?
    It's easy to make predictions when you just make up the data.

11. ezwip

ezwip Prince

It will all be bundled together in the end and sold as a complete set for $20.

12. ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey King

So you're saying it'll be one of the cheapest games ever to be sold with that amount of content?

I'm out of this conversation for now. Feel free to PM me when you have some sources backing up your claims (not that it matters because the game costs 50$).

13. Schalke 04

Schalke 04 Knappe

Yeah, I go for Spain!

14. ezwip

ezwip Prince

It's really not that complicated is it?

15. jpinard

jpinard Martian

Couldn't we just have responses based on the subject? I also agree the DLC price is too high and what we got in-game is far less than what vanilla Civ IV delivered. But we already have a thread on DLC pricing and this was just for predictions.

16. Abremms

Abremms Prince

the two are not mutualy exclusive, DLC civs are mostly art, the code isn;t that complicated. modders on this very site are turning out tons of civs, its the art that takes time and resources, and thats what we pay for.

DLC like this isn't going to impede patching in anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that.

that said, Spain would be pretty great.

17. Stefanskantine

Stefanskantine Angry Partisan

Back to the topic, I think Spain and Inca are the most likely choices. Two major world civs with a long Civilization game series pedigree. Zulu are another standby of the series, but I'd say a good bit less likely to see than the above two.

18. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

Canada !! OK, probably Spain.

19. Bad Brett

Bad Brett King

My money is on the Vikings.

I guess there will be a christmas special DLC as well that covers the landscape with snow and the woods will be replaced with christmas trees.

20. Melchizel

Melchizel Chieftain

HAHAHAHA A Christmas DLC! :lol: