Place your bets! The next DLC Civ coming out is...

They released the Mongols for free, a patch is supposedly due around the same time. Games get patched. I don't see where the complaint is coming from here. Generally speaking, developers basically work for free to patch a game after it's been released. With DLC, they get extra funding. This helps ensure that they keep patching the game. It's really to the customer's advantage to have DLC in the mix. If you don't want it, you can always not buy it (or wait until after several patches have been released).

Your missing the big picture. They rushed the game knowing full well how buggy and imbalanced it would be. They knew if they just released the game via all the hype it would be purchased. Its all about sales for the company, not about what the fans want. It was a half baked cake.

This is the worst released game in the civ series to date, as fans of the game we need to let the developers know that we will not pay for a product that has not been properly beta tested. At least with Civ Rev I knew ahead of time it would be one dimensional b/c it was on a console.

do i expect to still find bugs after a proper beta...of course, like you said, all games get patches, this game needs life support.

But patches to fix major flaws (which may or may not fix a poor AI, time will tell) should have been done BEFORE the game was released, not after fans complain.

I don't ask engineers to build a faulty bridge under the premise that tax dollars from the next year can make it better than the original design. I want my money to pay for a quality bridge that sets the standard, so others who design bridges are forced to do the same.

"There's only two things in the world I can't stand, people who are intolerant of other people's culture...and the DUTCH!"

I remembered in Civ IV hating seeing the Dutch in the world..they'd out produce and earn me in every game..if left to hang around they were a :):):):):) in the spacerace. Stupid wooded shoes. ;)

I'm thinking a Spain / Netherlands combo pack with a Carribean map/scenario all about Pirates!

id like to see poland/lithuania with a medeval europe senario. i will not be paying for DLC, perhaps i will get the complete version or £12 when it hits the bargian bins in a few years

What is Picts? The Picachu Civ?
pict for the pictures they drew on their faces!

Your missing the big picture. They rushed the game knowing full well how buggy and imbalanced it would be. They knew if they just released the game via all the hype it would be purchased. Its all about sales for the company, not about what the fans want. It was a half baked cake.

This is the worst released game in the civ series to date, as fans of the game we need to let the developers know that we will not pay for a product that has not been properly beta tested. At least with Civ Rev I knew ahead of time it would be one dimensional b/c it was on a console.

do i expect to still find bugs after a proper beta...of course, like you said, all games get patches, this game needs life support.

But patches to fix major flaws (which may or may not fix a poor AI, time will tell) should have been done BEFORE the game was released, not after fans complain.

I don't ask engineers to build a faulty bridge under the premise that tax dollars from the next year can make it better than the original design. I want my money to pay for a quality bridge that sets the standard, so others who design bridges are forced to do the same.

And if the company went under before it was released and there was no game? Video game companies and developers have bottom lines too. They have fixed expenses. Releasing a mostly stable game that can be improved upon helps them recoup their expenses and hopefully finance the patches that follow. DLC allows them to not lay off their artist staff and then, after the game is stable, hire new people to make the new art for the new expansion. Is that what you want? Didn't Firaxis already lay off enough people this year?

The engineer example is different because you have a specific contract in place ahead of time and the contractor can negotiate a different price to compensate for deadlines are working around them. And, in that case, if he goes past his deadline, he would have to keep working to get the bridge up to quality and/or pay damages for the delay. But the context is entirely different. Would you rather a product developer contract individually with every buyer for the game they want and set their own deadlines and prices? Would people then be allowed to negotiate for a less finished game in exchange for a cheaper price or earlier release date? Or does the current price compensate for this (after all, you can choose not to buy the game until you know for sure if it's polished to your personal satisfaction). If you want to go with the bridge analogy, just know that it's entirely different from the video game industry (and I didn't even deal with duties to the public that exist in that example but not in a video game).

You guys keep forgetting to list the Leader. As is the case with China, they may not go with who we suspect. Ferdinand could be for Spain (though I'd hate that).

Many are saying Vikings or Scandinavians. Which leader?

Alright, Isabella for Spain, Pachacuti for Inca.

Isabella makes sense for two reasons. One, she was an important Queen, two, she adds another female ruler to the game.

If they went with Norse, I'd go with either Sven or Cnut. There's a slight English bias, but both are unquestioningly great Norse Kings.
Actually, while I'm at it:

Celts - Boudica
Carthage - Hannibal
Sumeria - Ur-Nammu
Picts - Drest

OK, scratch the Picts one, but he apparently fought 100 battles and reigned for 100 years ;)

my bet is on spain, though it would be nice if they would mix it up a bit (like a hapsburg or austrian empire).
Incas and Vikings are good choices too, but i think id like to see korea come back.
probably will be another middle eastern civ and then another african civ after that...
maybe they should add another islamic state???

Isn't Viking the barbarian brute?

The 5th largest religious group in the world is Sikhism. I think a Punjab empire also known as the Sikh Empire with the leader being Ranjit Singh would be original and refreshing. Throw in a scenario of the Anglo-Sikh Wars and you have a real winner in my book.

It would be nice if they went with a different flavor for the Scandinavian civs this time; instead of the usual misrepresentation of the vikings it would be fun to have the Kalmar Union, with either Margaret Valdemarsdatter or Eric of Pomerania.

Failing that, a focus on the trading vikings would do, but isn't very likely I guess.

Isn't Viking the barbarian brute?

Well, Vikings didn't have pointy helmets like that.

I'm hoping for a more accurate portrayal of them this time (not calling them Vikings is a start. I tend to prefer Norsemen). But, yeah, it would generally only represent the Western focused groups. The Rus (the more trade oriented half) have been consistently neglected. One could argue they're a part of Russian history as well, though, but that doesn't end the neglect.

That being said, there is a reason for this. Their dominance as an Empire is Western focused with people like Sweyen (Sven) and Cnut. The Great Northern Empires that include England, Denmark, Sweden, etc.

The 5th largest religious group in the world is Sikhism. I think a Punjab empire also known as the Sikh Empire with the leader being Ranjit Singh would be original and refreshing. Throw in a scenario of the Anglo-Sikh Wars and you have a real winner in my book.

Actually, that would be refreshing. Definitely not one I've considered, but I'm not all that familiar with Central Asia and the Indian Subcontinent. I doubt it'll be the first charged DLC, but I hope that they consider it later.

Judaism is considered the first monotheistic religion in history to appear. Its core belief that there is only one God, the creator of all. For Jews, God made a covenant with the Jews, causing them to become the chosen people and promised them the promised land.
Currently the Jewish faith is practiced in various regions of the world, but it is the state of Israel that concentrates a large number of practitioners.

The Bible is the reference for understanding the history of this people. According to the scriptures, around 1800 BC, Abraham received a sign from God to abandon polytheism and to live in Canaan (now Palestine). Isaac, Abraham's son, has a son named Jacob This struggle, one day, an angel of God and has his name changed to Israel. The twelve sons of Jacob, give rise to the twelve tribes that formed the Jewish people. Around 1700 BC, the Jewish people migrated to Egypt, but are enslaved by the pharaohs for nearly 400 years. The liberation of the Jewish people is around 1300 BC. The flight from Egypt was led by Moses, who received the tablets of the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai. For 40 years are wandering in the wilderness until he received a sign from God to return to the promised land, Canaan.
Jerusalem is transformed into a religious center by King David. After the reign of Solomon, son of David, the tribes are divided into two kingdoms: Israel and the United Kingdom of Judah this time of separation, there is the belief of a coming messiah who would join the people of Israel and restore the God's power over the world.

In 721 BC the Jewish Diaspora begins with the Babylonian invasion. The emperor of Babylon, after invading the kingdom of Israel, destroys the Temple in Jerusalem and deported most of the Jewish population.

In the first century, the Romans invaded Palestine and destroy the temple of Jerusalem. In the next century, destroying the city of Jerusalem, causing the second Jewish Diaspora. After these episodes, the Jews spread around the world, maintaining the culture and religion. In 1948, the Jewish character of the recovery unit after the creation of the state of Israel.

They are involved with several people, like the Persians, Babylonians and the Romans ate, so I think they deserve a place in civ V.

1. Vikings - probably Ragnar
2. Zulu - Shaka
3. Carthage - Hannibal
4. Huns - Atilla
5. Gauls - Asterix :p
6. Macedonia - Alexander :D
7. Inca - some dude with a hat similar to Montezuma:confused:
8. Ethiopians - Sheba?
9. Judea - Peoples front of Judea from Monthy Python as ruler :lol:
10. Austria - Maximilian
11. Spain - there were a lot of famous kings :king:
12. Numidia - no idea who
13. Nubia - again no idea
14. Sumeria - again no idea
15. Papal States?
16. Armenia?
17. Georgia? (these last two exist for a loooong time)
18. Celts and Picts
19. Scythians
20. Escimos
21. Bushmen?
22. Aborigines

Top Bottom