Placing Additional Terrains

Patine

Deity
So, I added four new terrain slots to my Pacific Rim scenario, taking advantage of the new capability for ToTPP. I added the graphics on the Terrain1 file, then added their entries, and those of their special resources, in the Rules files. I then reloaded my working save file, and it didn't crash, so it recognizes the legitimacy of the new terrains mechanically. However, when I went to try and test placing them (with a "Treaty Zone" strip of terrain on the Inter-Korean Border), it didn't show up in the menu for "Change Terrain at Cursor" with the standard cheat menu. Could someone please remind me (as I've probably read it in a post here at some point) how to place additional terrain types on the map?

I think you need to use the ToTPP hot keys. I believe ctrl + 3 - 8 or something like that.

Hi Patine,

Go to the Scenario Creation Excel Sheet thread here to pick up the TOTPP v015 PDF guide.

Item #41 in the guide covers adding new terrain and item #52 explains how to use Edit Terrrain hotkeys.

Last edited:
Hi Patine,

Go to the Scenario Creation Excel Sheet thread here to pick up the TOTPP v015 PDF guide.

Item #41 in the guide covers adding new terrain and item #52 explains how to use Edit Terrrain hotkeys.
Thank-you very much! I'll have a look through this.

I added the graphics on the Terrain1 file

Good day!

Please, tell me how to add a new type of terrain correctly?

I made the necessary changes according to the instructions in the RULES file. A new type of terrain appeared:
2.jpg

However, the graphics fail as I did not add the image to the file terrian.bmp, as stated in the instructions:

1.jpg

I do not understand how you can "move the field of roads" down. Please tell me how this can be done. Or, please share a ready-made working file from which I could understand how this technology works.

Upd. Although I have already found the required graphic file in one of the scenarios.

Last edited:
Top Bottom