placing great works

johnny_rico

one more turn addict
been a month or more since I played as I was subject to a CTD when hitting next turn. Looks like that bug is fixed (and I'm most happy).

Thing is, I don't remember where the great works page is. I've got great writers to place but have no idea how to do so. civilopedia wasn't much help nor the manual. clicked everywhere in the interface and simply cannot find it.

You need to move the Great Writer to a district with an empty slot. Usually that will be a Theater District with an Amphitheater but it could also be your capital (with a palace) or the Great Library.

When you select the Great Writer, it should highlight all of the districts where there are empty slots. Move him/her there, and then there should be an icon among the command selections which let you create the Great Work.

The Great Works page shows up among the icons in the upper left. However, it often doesn't appear until you actually have a Great Work.

Great Works screen keyboard shortcut is 'W' (again, only available once you have a great work).

thanks for the replies. I did indeed find the 'W' command in the options as I thought of reviewing the key bindings after posting.

Also, yes, the Great Works icon does not show up until you create your first great work. didn't remember that as it's been a month since I played last.

Cheers!

Top Bottom