Plan-thread

HUSch

Secret-monger
In this thread should present plans only, i 've collect the plans from start and 3-20 turn thread. now we follow the plan of topas in the cap. Hummels plan is not so detailed, more a presentation of a vision.
Please discussed your ideas and rejoinders in the discussion thread.

I second Husch on the idea of fast playing some turns.
Moving the explorer is quite important in the beginning. Which generell direction do we want to take? How far do we want to our warrior to be away from our city? Do we accept the increased danger of staying in the open field? Do we want to check out that last land-tile to the coast for resources or move faster in a different direction for more landtiles discovered...

... back to topic:
What do we want to do on our initial turn?

I suggest moving the warrior to the east (on the hill) to check out the terrain in that direction.
In case we don't find any tempting resources (cow, gems, gold and lots of beautiful river tiles) I would settle in place.
(Of course, our turn player should move the warrior asap and post a sceenshot here for the final discussion upon settling.)

My favorite opening strategy: warrior till pop2, then worker

T0: settling; begin research BW; cap is working rice(3N) and is building a warrior
T6: cap changes worker from rice to forrested grasland-hill
T7: cap grows to pop2; cap begins on worker working 2xforrested grasland-hill -> 5 base-production generating 6H due to exp-bonus @stagnation; warrior is at 10/15 and can be finished in 1 turn in case of emergency
~T14: BW researched; start on fishing?
T17: Worker finshed
T18: Warrior finished

I think this opening is stronger than worker first for some reasons.
Our worker is delayed by 3 turns but we have already grown to pop2 and have a second warrior in our city any time we might need it or latest 1 turn after our worker.
(We can also get our worker right after BW by switching into slavery and rush the worker.)

To sum up the won/lost hammers/food in turn17:

food:
- Worker first: pop1 and 9/22F (when starting to grow working the rice after worker)
- Warrior 'til pop2, then worker: pop2 and 0/24F
-> 13F in favor of growing first

production:
- Worker first: T0-T14 Worker (+1F+3H)=4H; T15-T17 Warrior (for growth working the rice) 1H => 60H+3H => 63H
- Warrior 'til pop2, then worker: T0-T6 Warrior (for growth working the rice) 1H; T7 Warrior (working forrested grasland-hill) 3H; T8-T17 Worker (working 2xforrested grasland-hill) 6H => 10H+60H => 70H
Since we only have Mining+BW in these first 3 Worker turns we might lose, we can only delay our first mine by 3 turns -> losing 3H (longterm (meaning sometime after turn17...))
-> 70H-63H-3H = 4H in favor of growing first

Production-strategy:

We have to build workers and settlers as fast as possible. So our workers have to lumber the forrest. It's important that we have at all times 1.5 to 2.0 workers per settler/city. Only with this proportion we can speed up our production and develop our area fast. So this results circa in a production-plan like this.

warrior (now) pop growth
worker
working boat
worker
worker
settler
worker
settler
worker
settler
...and so on.

With pottery we can think about a granary (and should build it, i think) and build a warrior after the granary to grow. Maybe we have to change sometimes to warrior-production. Not to build them, but to grow and slave.

I've made a map (see tumbnail). I've numbered some area's which I like to see. So I like 1 first, 2 second, etc.

Exploration
I think we should see area 1 with the new to build warrior because of the panther.
Area 2 should be done by the first warrior, maybe direct, maybe around the mountains.
Area 3 should be done by the damaged warrior.
Area 4 & 5 are of later concern.

Research
We need wheel and cottages fast, but let's go for a religion first. Would be a shame if we miss any.

Build
With the clam's, rice and mine on the mountain we have a nice city. Let's grow to 4 as soon as possible and then build some settlers. The first settler should go north-east.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 67
I agree with Tinkerbe11 on exploring areas 1 (maybe keep direction southwards more) and 3, but for Ari I think the area 4 should be top-priority.
Ari and Pyt have the best chances to find another team, which is quite important to me.

Here are Dave's ideas on pending moves:

Here is an overview picture to help decide exploration direction.

Do we want to focus more on the green hash area, or the yellow hash? I think it depends on whether we'd rather find possible copper in a coastal area, or inland.

Do we know where we want our 2nd city to go?

I'm leaning more towards exploring the green area.

Top Bottom