Plane crash leaves Poland without a President

Dayum man, very very sorry for all the Poles. That's tragic news to wake up to. :(

Food for the conspiracy side of it...
Revolution in Kyrgyzstan with possible Ruskie backing, and now plane crash with Polish Prez on Russian soil. ??

He was an arrogant, homophobic, and populist president, but it's really sad so many people died.

God deliver us from his brother becoming president.

Ouch. Condolences.

YAY!

That is my opposition voice coming out of me, but seriously sad news for his family and Poland in general. :(

Oh no, this is Kaczynski, not Donald Tusk. :( :( :( :( :(

Wikipedia (Using links from a Polish Site) has a list of people of note who died in the crash

According to the flight manifest on-board were:[17][18]

* Lech Kaczyński, the President of Poland
* Maria Kaczyńska, the first lady
* Ryszard Kaczorowski, the last President of the Polish government-in-exile
* Jerzy Szmajdziński, Deputy Speaker of the Sejm
* Władysław Stasiak, Chief of the Office of the President of the Republic of Poland
* Aleksander Szczygło, head of the National Security Bureau
* Paweł Wypych, Secretary of State in the Office of the President of the Republic of Poland
* Mariusz Handzlik, Undersecretary of State in the Office of the President of the Republic of Poland
* Andrzej Kremer, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
* General Franciszek Gągor, Chief of the Polish Army General Staff
* Andrzej Przewoźnik, Secretary-General of the Council for the Defence of the Memory of Struggle and Suffering
* Grzegorz Dolniak, member of the Sejm
* Przemysław Gosiewski, member of the Sejm
* Izabela Jaruga-Nowacka, member of the Sejm
* Zbigniew Wassermann, member of the Sejm
* Leszek Deptuła, member of the Sejm
* Grażyna Gęsicka, member of the Sejm
* Sebastian Karpiniuk, member of the Sejm
* Aleksandra Natalli-Świat, member of the Sejm
* Arkadiusz Rybicki, member of the Sejm
* Jolanta Szymanek-Deresz, member of the Sejm
* Wiesław Woda, member of the Sejm
* Edward Wojtas, member of the Sejm
* Janina Fetlińska, member of the Senat
* Stanisław Zając, member of the Senat
* Janusz Kochanowski, Polish Ombudsman
* Sławomir Skrzypek, President of the National Bank of Poland
* Janusz Kurtyka, Historian and president of the Institute of National Remembrance
* Tadeusz Płoski, Bishop of the Military Ordinariate of the Polish Army
* Piotr Nurowski, President of the Polish Olympic Committee
* Ryszard Rumianek – Rector of the Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw
* Jerzy Bahr, Ambassador of Poland to Russia
* Krystyna Bochenek
* Vice Admiral Andrzej Karweta, Commander-in-chief of the Polish Navy
* Maciej Płażyński
* Krzysztof Putra, member of the Sejm

14 of the Members of the Sejm died... That is a blow...

And 14 memberts of the Sejm :eek:

I think someone should finally make a "horse archer" version of this pic :lol:

We never charged tanks with horses contrary to popular belief. My Great Grandfather was a general of a couple of calvary armies, they were used mostly to get near enough the tanks and blow them up, than run away, or as a pillage like job, to get near German outposts and set them on fire, than run away.

He was an arrogant, homophobic, and populist president, but it's really sad so many people died.

God deliver us from his brother becoming president.

Yes. It seems like most members of our government are top class idiots, but he was atleast decent(ie, could've been worse, like Tusk or his brother)

Moderator Action: Spamming. No need for 4 posts in a row; please use the Edit feature.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It is amazing how many people are still fighting the Cold War. I wonder if it will last as long as the Civil War has...

Dear jesus, that is insane. Why were they all on such a crappy plane? I know there is no Pole Force One or anything, but could they get something a few notches above a prop jet?

Dear jesus, that is insane. Why were they all on such a crappy plane? I know there is no Pole Force One or anything, but could they get something a few notches above a prop jet?

Especially a crappy commie built jet.

So I wake up to this crap today!? W T F

To all those of you offering condolences, thanks for being diplomatic at this very difficult time for my country..

To all those offering snide remarks, go <snip>

Moderator Action: Condolences, warpus, but please try to remain civil. This thread is being watched, I assure you.

Here's a detailed wikipedia article that is probably being updated with new information, including links to more detailed bio on all those involved, and links to such things as the sejm and the senat, if anyone's interested about Polish political structure..

For those of you who don't know, they were flying to mark the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre.. A place where 20,000 high-ranking Polish officers were murdered by the Russians.. a very sad day in the history of Poland.

I really doubt this was any sort of plot by the Russians.. that wouldn't make any sense at all.. If anything it might even bring the two countries closer together.. It is no secret that the two have had a very shaky relationship since the end of communism.. Putin appointed himself as the chief investigator of this tragedy, from what I read in an article..

Top Bottom