Planned upcoming GOTMs

Ali Ardavan

Mathematician
Retired Moderator
I decided to start this thread to give regular players a chance to inject their ideas into my future planning and also give occasional players a chance to plan ahead.

This is somewhat similar to "Future GOTM Map suggestions" thread. The main difference is that what gets announced here is already planned and any suggestions would be tweaks.

If you have ideas for future GOTMs put them in that thread. If you would like to prepare and present a future GOTM, you are welcome (and encouraged) to do so.

EC and green-star-enthusiasts dream game:
3-4 players on a normal game generated map with restarts off.

To commemorate the 75th anniversary of the start of WW2 we will play the WW2 scenario that shipped with the game.

We will likely play as Axis, with allies and Russians as the next possible choices.

There will not be any October 2014 GOTM to allow the players sufficient time to finish the world war scenarios being played in the two previous months.

After two world war scenarios we will be playing a normal game again. 6 players (purple missing) on normal size game generated map. The game will be posted within a few days.

We will be playing as Sioux on a gigantic map of the world. The map will be one of the following three, all designed by various Civ fanatics:

A map designed by Denis Kozhin: 128x254 = 32512 tiles
A map designed by Julius Brenzaida: 127x230 = 29,210 tiles
A map designed by Yagoda: 144x227 = 32,688 tiles

The game will be posted within a few days.

Time for another scenario. We will be playing the Rome scenario that shipped with the original game.

I currently have a serious case of the flu. The new GOTM will be posted as soon as I am functional.

I am currently traveling with Internet access limited to my phone. The June GOTM will be posted by next Monday June 8th

100x100 game generated map with only 3 players and restarts on.
Starting position will be suitable for OCC.

The Pacific Islander

The human player starts in the pacific halfway between Australia and Hawaii on a small island. There are plenty of nearby small islands, some are trireme reachable but many are not.

The map is the large map of the Pacific that shipped with the game with small modifications made by me near player starting locations.

The rivals are Russians, Japanese, Aztecs, Chinese, English, and Sioux. English start in Australia; others in their proper geographical location.

Oh boy! I love World Map games.

I once tried a start on Easter Island (one-square hill, no trireme access or specials). It was not a success.

Oh boy! I love World Map games.
So do I.

I once tried a start on Easter Island (one-square hill, no trireme access or specials). It was not a success.
I once tried 1-tile Hawaii on a world map but since the beginning the goal was OCC. As luck would have it, I had access to only 1 special and it was a fish. My shields output was 1 before Republic and 0 afterwards (support for my boat). Needless to say King Richard's was a top priority in that game. My allies were generous and nobody bothered with me so I managed to win regardless.

I bet you were not trying OCC.

Top Bottom