Planning on shelling out $29.99 for GK?

who in there right mind wouldn't buy this? Just to reinforce everyone else so far is that the money to time ratio for any Civ product has made every purchase worth it for most of us. That is the reward for our loyalty, each release and update is for us, to ensure we enjoy their games for as many hours as possible. There isn't another series that has this much of my time by any measure. The only DLC I haven't bought are the separate map packs. Creative modders will give me more selections with maps if I need them. To each his own, you have to make it worth your budget, but even beer (Gasp :eek: ) doesn't put up the time for price as these games as stated above....

Of course, I have been waiting forever for this expansion pack announcement. I may wait a day or two and try a demo though, if there is a demo. I hope there is to try out the new features briefly. I might consider waitng a bit for a review or two. IDK we'll see. Knowing Firaxis they'll have my anticipation built up so much I just buy it and start playing, and to hell with the demo. :lol:

Less than the price of a box of beer or a main course in a restaurant. I'm in. Odds are I will play literally thousands of hours of this game over the next few years, so it's probably the best value money I can spend.

An excellent point.
Just skip an outing or so.
1 hour of eating good food=1,000+ hours of civ
A good deal by my standards.

An excellent point.
Just skip an outing or so.
1 hour of eating good food=1,000+ hours of civ
A good deal by my standards.

:lol: I wonder how many new divorces the expansion pack will cost society?

It's not about the money. I could pay $30 a month for decent piece of entertainment. But I'll spend no single penny on something that's, frankly said, a piece of %?&$#£$.

It's not about the money. I could pay $30 a month for decent piece of entertainment. But I'll spend no single penny on something that's, frankly said, a piece of %?&$#£$.

I wouldn't either. That's why I'm buying this expansion pack and not some other game of lesser quality.

Less than the price of a box of beer or a main course in a restaurant. I'm in. Odds are I will play literally thousands of hours of this game over the next few years, so it's probably the best value money I can spend.

I've pointed out something similar every time folks complain about the monthly price of whatever new MMO they're interested in. Standard pricing there is $15/month. That's roughly equal to watching 2 movies at the theater. Even if the person only played an average of 1 hours per day, that's still about 30 hours of entertainment compared to only about 4 hours worth at the movies.

That being said, if I watched two movies a month, I'd be broke.

yeah I've since broken free of MMO's thankfully but I had no trouble confirming that 15 dollars a month was better for me per hour then anything else by comparison with the hundreds of hours I put in to them. I believe with my original Everquest character I had a year of game time over the first three years I had it... " /played " the bane of social life success. haha thankfully Steam puts it up there for you to see anytime you like...

I have no problem shelling out $30 for a game that is going to give me endless hours of enjoyment - primarily at work. You could spend that much money just going to the movies buying popcorn and a drink.

Buy this expansion? Sure, why not? I plan to preorder it as soon as it's available, install it but not play it until summer holiday starts (what a torture!)... and then do nothing else during this summer.

Just like others have said, its entertainment value far outweighs its price.

I spend around half of the price everytime I got to McDonalds with my girlfriend. Not some fancy restaurant, mind you. McDonalds. So yeah, I'm ok with paying 30$.

is this a serious question? on this board? yeah "civ fanatics" are gonna pass up an expansion pack. You should know we are all addicts. DLCs are crack and expansion packs are heroin...

also 30 bucks is pretty reasonable. that's like one decent meal and a drink or two. considering most of us will get hundreds of hours out of it, it's a pretty solid value for entertainment.

30 dollars is more than I'd like to pay, but I have to admit it's pretty reasonable. I'll be buying it day 1.

This is the generation where kids expect 0.99 apps ; 2 bucks? too expensive, - sent from my iPhone with that expensive 3 year dataplan

Sad state of affairs.

In all honesty, some may get the expansion half price 2-3 years down the road. Not unrealistic considering the price of civ4-ultimate edition a couple of years after BTS.

But as a fanatic, im not waiting that long for my fix.

This is the generation where kids expect 0.99 apps ; 2 bucks? too expensive, - sent from my iPhone with that expensive 3 year dataplan

Sad state of affairs.

In all honesty, some may get the expansion half price 2-3 years down the road. Not unrealistic considering the price of civ4-ultimate edition a couple of years after BTS.

But as a fanatic, im not waiting that long for my fix.

Exact my thinking. I just can't pass up, I just have to have it, I want it earlier than now.

I'm going to buy it, although probably not at release. I'm playing SWTOR right now, although I don't intend to play it past midsummer (2 or 3 chars to 50 then quitting). After that, it will be ME3 or Gods & Kings.

30 isn't an unfair price at all, but my answer is no. It's going to be released in late Spring, and steam has big sales in Summer. May as well wait a month or 2. I still have stacks of unopened DVDs and more music to tab. Way more entertainment than free time. I'm not in a hurry to buy more games, so I'll just wait for the sale. But there's nothing wrong with the price as it is, either.

Top Bottom