Planning on shelling out $29.99 for GK?

Release day, from steam. Love CiV. Need G&K NOW. Until then, playing SWTOR, and CiV.

Yes, I'll be preloading the game and then on release-time I'll be raging in these forums complaining the servers are overloaded and I can't start the game.
Looking forward to it already :p

Yes, I'll be preloading the game and then on release-time I'll be raging in these forums complaining the servers are overloaded and I can't start the game.
Looking forward to it already :p

sounds like a good idea! :king:

The expansion couldn't be less desirable to me if they covered in plague rats and set it on fire. Not buying it, not gonna reinstalling V, not leaving IV unless it gets godly reviews from all the IV fans who hated V and are big enough suckers to pay for it after being ripped.

When I read they were bringing religion and espionage back I was mildly intrigued, until I learned rather quickly its a complete different system ofcource to IV's R&E, and the realisation that they just expanding apon a completely broken foundation of a game thanks to the 1-unit-per-tile rule didn't help either.

I'd like to believe anyone who isn't a complete sheep or fanboy would at least wait for that, but I see 90% of you are willing to throw money at Firaxis regardless of quality, meh.

Moderator Action: Calling people, or strongly implying that people are, sheep or fanboys, is trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

But, you see, some of us like Civ 5. A lot. Like it even better than Civ 4. Like the 1UPT, and the hex map, and the...

Oh wait. I think this has all been covered before.

I like the game; I'll buy the expansion.

The expansion couldn't be less desirable to me if they covered in plague rats and set it on fire. Not buying it, not gonna reinstalling V, not leaving IV unless it gets godly reviews from all the IV fans who hated V and are big enough suckers to pay for it after being ripped.

When I read they were bringing religion and espionage back I was mildly intrigued, until I learned rather quickly its a complete different system ofcource to IV's R&E, and the realisation that they just expanding apon a completely broken foundation of a game thanks to the 1-unit-per-tile rule didn't help either.

I'd like to believe anyone who isn't a complete sheep or fanboy would at least wait for that, but I see 90% of you are willing to throw money at Firaxis regardless of quality, meh.

I love how people think if you like something you're a "fanboy" or a "sheep" because you support it. The fact that you've made a reasoned decision to purchase something because you enjoy it and want more is so ... alien to some people.

I like Civ V and I've gotten so many hours of entertainment it's ridiculous. I'm very excited for what's coming, they're really beefed up the thinner areas of the game and it sounds extremely promising. I will pay for Gods and Kings and not regret one penny.

^^^ This.
I find it unbelievable that some people are so stuck in a Civ 4 rut that they aren't even prepared to let other people make their own decisions without being ridiculed.
Haters gotta hate, I suppose. Sad.

I'm just waiting for the release dates, and pre-ordering as soon as possible.

Will there also be some sort of stand-alone G&K version, or maybe a complete edition? I intend to get Civ V but considering the upcoming expansion I might just wait and get both combined, if possible.

Will there also be some sort of stand-alone G&K version, or maybe a complete edition? I intend to get Civ V but considering the upcoming expansion I might just wait and get both combined, if possible.

I can't recall a single Stand-Alone expansion pack, you need the "base" game to play.

I know of it for one game, but it didn't sell too well. I think it almost alienated those who bought the base game.

I will probably get it pretty early, but it will probably be on sale during Steam's big summer sale afterwards; our friends who make VEM, NiGHTS, etc may not even have G+K mods ready until then.

Well, I do.
I don't see what the problem is.

Maybe they were picturing a box just full of beer (like boxed wine) :crazyeye:

Put two euros/dollars into a piggybank each week before expansion is released. It's not that big of a sum, of course I understand if someone has the principle to pay a certain amount of money for a game/expansion.

It will give so much fun and entertainment, both on game and in the strategy forums of Civ fansites so I think it's a small sum.

I am almost 100% certain in my mind there will eventually be a package that includes both the base game (civ5) and its expansion G&K, and possibly all DLC too. It won't be released anywhere near the release of G&K though - you'd probably have to wait a year or so.

According to Steam I've played 742 hours of Civ5. I'd say that's a solid purchase right there.

I'm sure I'll continue to play a lot of Civ5 with GK added on. Even if I didn't, "donating" an extra 30 to the civ dev cause would be well worth it just based on how much I've played Civ5 already.

You generally get way more "game time" out of games like Civ than most other game types. So many games have 30-60 hours of content that's rarely fun to play thru more than once...and those games still cost 50-60.

I guess I never understand why cost is ever even brought up when it comes to Civ.

You would have to really stretch to find a better entertainment value.

PS - I don't think most civ DLC has been worth it. 5-10 for one civ and scenarios I'd never play. Not worth it. The fact that a 30 dollar expac will have 9 civs plus a ton of other stuff makes the DLC costs look even worse.

On a related note, Steam's Weekend sale is 50% off all 2K games. Thursday's bonus is 75% off Borderlands (ends at 10AM PST).

So those who haven't yet, can get the DLC's and/or GTY version for half off now. Or you could wait to see if the 75% off hits Civ 5 for Friday's sale (starting at 10AM PST or 1hr 42 min from now), Saturday's sale or Sunday's sale.

I just bought an HP Pavilion Elite (HPE) desktop computer with an i7 processor, 8GB ram, 1GB DDR5 dedicated to the graphic card. It loads CiV before the intro movie plays, runs it on its best / highest graphic settings, and moves even late in the game are lickity split. I bought this computer in anticipation of G&K. Naah, I don't think I'll buy it.

I just bought an HP Pavilion Elite (HPE) desktop computer with an i7 processor, 8GB ram, 1GB DDR5 dedicated to the graphic card. It loads CiV before the intro movie plays, runs it on its best / highest graphic settings, and moves even late in the game are lickity split. I bought this computer in anticipation of G&K. Naah, I don't think I'll buy it.

I.....hate.....you! D: can I come at night and steal your computer while you sleep, since you are not planning on buying the expansion :D

My PC isn't bad, but when I found out my CPU is actually a bad one for the game I now have a "I want a new PC!" phase :/

But I'm still gonna buy G&K... I need money.... fast....

Top Bottom