Plans

I can post a write up on the techtree from level x1->x5, with a good number of facilities and improvements for those. Buttons are less important for the moment, those are easily linked once a good number is selected which follow the same style.

The plan this weekend is to whip up a basic version of the EDC-mod (in BtS) which others can put their ethnic units on. If all goes well this should be finished tonight if it really is as simple as it looks. So after that I consider myself free for our moonproject here.
I'll try to post my techtree write-up here too tonight. Need to check the starting techs because of the adjusted techtree in BtS.

Cool.

Try to think about how the starter techs and ideologies interact for the 10 civs/leaders too.

I think at the very least the Lunar Independency ideology shouldn't be among the starting techs.
The others can blend in nicely.

I'm agreeing because in less than 2 hours I'm going on a mini vacation. :D

I thought you said you might have spare time for the project the next week or so? ;)

In any case, have fun outthere, and try to keep your feet dry.

Oh, that's a sort of relief. It means some preparation can be done for the next week before you scrutinize it.

I can always find time to scrutinize! Helping and contributing are another story. ;)

Shucks, I look away for 3 seconds and you guys start posting like mad.:crazyeye:

Don't bother trying to convert all the XMLs to BtS as I will soon have a very quick and easy way for converting all the XMLs to BTS.

If you want to work on any of the XMLs, it is probaby best to just work with vanilla civ for now until I convert everything over.

Thing is, the BtS version won't be a clone of the Civ4 version: new techtree for starters, which means all that follows from that in other xml files (buildings, units,...) can't be simply converted to BtS.
Of course, if you're talking about a module system in which you plan to put all the current units -and buildings and such, that changes things.

Thing is, the BtS version won't be a clone of the Civ4 version: new techtree for starters, which means all that follows from that in other xml files (buildings, units,...) can't be simply converted to BtS.
Of course, if you're talking about a module system in which you plan to put all the current units -and buildings and such, that changes things.

hmm, I didn't realize you planned on completely redoing the tech tree. In that case you might as well work on the file you plan on completely redoing in BtS. (though you can do them in vanilla if you wanted to as I will soon be able to convert all XML files over to BtS with a click of a button)

So do you guys think we should go ahead and ask TF for a private BtS SotM forum? Right now we'll be cluttered here I think.

Do we really want to go private with this mod? A public subforum would work just as well to isolate our BtS threads from the existing clutter. Or is the intent to lock out the community from seeing what is being developed?

I really don't think a separation is needed, since just about everything we have done or discussed is still relevent to the Bts version.

Yes, private can be made public later on.

My intent was solely to keep separation for our benefit, but AA is correct that a subforum would work as well without alienating the public.

So a public subforum?

Top Bottom