Play Civ2 scenarios online?

I've seen Bebro on the off-topic forums from time to time. Kobayashi, like Exile, never made the switch to Test of Time and dropped away.

It was initially a difficult switch for me, too, to be honest. I remember I had gotten very attached to the simplicity of the built-in FW/MGE scenario editor, and literally had to "wean" myself off of it.

I've seen Bebro on the off-topic forums from time to time. Kobayashi, like Exile, never made the switch to Test of Time and dropped away.
All three of them made some quite memorable scenarios back in the heydays of Civ II ! :) Would be cool to hear what they've been up to lately!

Never actually played Test of Time either, although I do have it on my shelf. So didn't make that switch either :)

I can see that the latest round of adjustments for "Hammer" was made in 2005, i.e. quite late for this old game. I had my daughter (the eldest of my kids) in 2007, and had a full time job by 2009, and since then I've had my hands full; my son being born in 2011, buying a house, spending time on the road (have had a 1 1/2 hours drive for work for 9 years, 3 hrs total/day), and not much time left awoke to work on games or scenarios or even other creative projects at all.

Now I have a ton of ideas for my new "Hammer" project. One very interesting thing with board games nowadays is, that they can be immensely asymmetrical in design. It's a whole different ballgame than being constrained by the workings of the CivII engine and rules and AI.

What about you guys, @techumseh and @Patine - what have you been up to lately?

I was a CFC dude at the start, and had a rocky relationship with the OT forum.
But when Poly went sour, it was easy to come back here and take a name tag. :)

@Morten Blaabjerg
I have always loved "Hammer", and if I recall, was making personal update of it.
The Viking era is a splendid time to cover in CIV2, and you made a fine vision of this.

I really enjoyed Hammer of the North back in the day Morten; as Curt says the Viking period is a great Civ scenario subject. I was very much a fan of your unit design as well. Am I right in thinking you made a set of units for Victorian exploration in Africa? Do you still have those?

I really enjoyed Hammer of the North back in the day Morten; as Curt says the Viking period is a great Civ scenario subject. I was very much a fan of your unit design as well. Am I right in thinking you made a set of units for Victorian exploration in Africa? Do you still have those?

If he didn't keep them, I did. I recently checked after he confirmed he was creator of them. I've become somewhat of a packrat of graphics files for both ToT and MGE, some remarkably old. :p

All three of them made some quite memorable scenarios back in the heydays of Civ II ! :) Would be cool to hear what they've been up to lately!

Never actually played Test of Time either, although I do have it on my shelf. So didn't make that switch either :)

I can see that the latest round of adjustments for "Hammer" was made in 2005, i.e. quite late for this old game. I had my daughter (the eldest of my kids) in 2007, and had a full time job by 2009, and since then I've had my hands full; my son being born in 2011, buying a house, spending time on the road (have had a 1 1/2 hours drive for work for 9 years, 3 hrs total/day), and not much time left awoke to work on games or scenarios or even other creative projects at all.

Now I have a ton of ideas for my new "Hammer" project. One very interesting thing with board games nowadays is, that they can be immensely asymmetrical in design. It's a whole different ballgame than being constrained by the workings of the CivII engine and rules and AI.

What about you guys, @techumseh and @Patine - what have you been up to lately?

I released a Korean War scenario - which McMonkey then proceeded to improve and make a lot better (with my full blessings). I'm currently working on a modern Pacific Rim strategic-level scenario. I would very much like to take a whack at your "Hammer of the North" ToT redux, as well.

Top Bottom