1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Play CIV4 BTS Online!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Louis the XIV, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

The first time I wanted to do this it was a fail, well now I would love a game of multiplayer for a couple of turns!
    Any mod I welcome except BUG. There is always the original Civ 4 BTS option.
    Anyway comment below if you are available tomorrow at any time. I can only do this tomorrow or also Monday but after 18:00.

Here is a list of the people that will be joining until now:
    -Louis the XIV

I'm not sure but I think the max number of player is 4.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 12:47 PM
  2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I'd be interested in playing, any particular reason for those mods and not something like BUG?

Never played MP before!

3. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Well, I thought RFC would be a good option since the mod is really good and I always wondered how it would be to play it online.
    And RevDCM has a lot of other cool stuff. Though I never played BUG or BAT mod I wonder, is it something more like RevDCM?

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

5. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Ok, so RevDCM is practically BUG with some changes?

6. Noble Zarkon

It seems to include a whole load of other Mods including BUG.

7. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Ok. Well anyway do you want to play RFC or RevDCM or BUG multiplayer? Hopefully some other people will reply to this thread and play as well.
    By the way, in RFC the max nr of players online is 4.

8. 6K Man

6K Man Bureaucrat

RevDCM sounds like it is a combination of the Revolutions mod and Dales Combat Mod (DCM). I play Legends of Revolution almost exclusively now, and it's from the same family of mods that are based on DCM and Revolutions (Wolfshanze mod, etc)

Anyhoo, there are some pretty significant changes in Revolutions (the revolutions thing, obviously) and DCM makes changes to the combat engine too. I'm not sure what other mods (e.g. Spy mod, ranged combat, advanced aerial combat) might be part of RevDCM (those are all in LoR). If you haven't played it... you will need to figure that out.

You might get more takers for a game based on BUG or the regular unmodded BtS.

9. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

RevDCM also has super spies and ranged combat and everything else you said.
    Anyway I think RevDCM is a really good mod since it combines BUG and many other mods.
    So if you want to play online on BUG or BTS and others also then sure.(I think I might create a poll)

10. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I just got an idea! Why not create this multiplayer game on Earth Evolution 2 map? All civs start in correct positions. (BTS)

11. Noble Zarkon

Can you link to this map please?

12. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I cant find the original thread but I zipped it below.
    By the way the Ethiopians, Mongols, Mayans, Incans, Vikings, Babylonians, and Native Americans don't start in correct positions, to change the coordinates you can open the python file and search for CIVILIZATION and there is a list of all the civs and their starting places.

Attached Files:

13. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Oh and thanks for deleting the resource!

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  14. Noble Zarkon

I couldn't get this map to work in any of my Mods but I did have a play with RevDCM and it looks cool so I would be up for a game in that.

15. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I don't know why it didn't work, for me it works really well. But anyway I found a thread that has it for download, maybe I did some modifications to it and don't remember.
    Earth Evolution 2.
    What mod would be better, BUG or RevDCM?

16. Noble Zarkon

The key point was in post 2:-

I've got BUG/BULL working with it now but not RevDCM.

17. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Ok, well what happens when you choose the Earth Evolution 2 map in RevDCM? Does the game crash?

18. Noble Zarkon

It doesn't crash it just hangs while setting up the game

19. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Oh, when that happens to me I press Win (the windows button) and then wait a little and reopen the minimized window of Civilization.
    But I think I know why that happens. How many civs did you choose to be in a game? Cause if it's over 18 then that's the problem.

20. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I will start the Online game in RevolutionDCM on the Earth Evolution 2 map in 4 hours and 20 min.