play map

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by gdmast, Jan 20, 2011.

1. gdmast

gdmast Warlord

i created a map, but i can't play it. Double click on ... /maps/...(name) don't helps

2. gdmast

gdmast Warlord

there's no optiom "select map"!!!

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

mod -> single player -> set up game -> select map ?

4. gdmast

gdmast Warlord

No there's not this option!! That's because i can't!
    Can u remind me please the way to transfer the map from wb to the game? may be the patch is wrong (Evev if i can see the created map when i try to save a new map of a new game!)

5. gdmast

gdmast Warlord

may be the problem is that i didn't created a mod, i created just a map (with the resources), so i didn't passed from modbuddy? In this case what's the wright way?
    My opinion is that we must have the option to play: single player-> set up game-> (and after setup throught the existing options we) -> choose map (we like) or enter if we want to play the randomise game map

6. gdmast

gdmast Warlord

To the Sticky's "Modders Guide to Civilization" there is the way to add a map to your mod. NOT instructions how to create and play just a map without any mod (so play the scenario from the advance option of the game with your created map)

7. gdmast

gdmast Warlord

Sorry i have to notice that (as not expert on pc), i didn't created any data (xml e.t.c.), i just genetated a map (wb), i "paint" it how i like, after i put the resources, mountains, rivers e.t.c. where i like and i saved it c:/users/user/my doc/my games/civ5/maps