Play Session Instruction Thread, May 16th (Offline)

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Term 5, Tuesday May 16th

This will be an offline session.
The Designated Player is: DaveShack

Start Date/Time: Tuesday May 16th @ 1900 EDT (GMT -4) 2300 GMT

Offline play session procedure
I may not have internet access at this time, nor am I certain that it will be possible for me to play at all. If I'm unavailable, I will update the thread with that statement, so that others can pick up the save.

Starting with the designated start time above, or from the preceeding potential players decision on whether to play or not, each individual in turn has up to 2 hours to post "got it" or "don't got it". For example, the Secretary of State must post prior to 2100 EDT on May 16th whether he's got it or not. If not, then the Secretary of War has until the SoS's post + 2 hours, etc.

The chain of command is:
Secretary of State
Secretary of War
Censor
Minister of Interior
Minster of Culture
Minister of Science
Director of Intelligence

Whomever plays the save must post "play started" so that nobody else will attempt to start playing. Provide a log of all actions in the game, decisions the DP makes due to lack of instructions, etc. It is customary to post saves after preturn actions before hitting enter for the 1st turn, and before hitting enter on turns divisible by 5 and on the last turn.

The DP who plays is free to play online if desired.

Relevant Links:
Current Save
Previous Turnchat Thread

Only elected/appointed officials may post in this thread!
Please use the DP thread in the Government subforum for questions/comments to the DP. Please use the officials' thread for comments to an official.

Please put your office in the post title field.

research:
finish literature
Code of Laws until Currency is available by trading math
finish Code of Laws
(if you still don't have Math after finishing Code of Laws then research math if you don't see any possibility of getting Math)

hopefully someone above me on the chain of command can play because loading the save at my comp takes like a quarter of an hour.

if there is a Great Scientist born in BW during this turnchat, build an acadamy (that's my responsibility right?)

Conitnue Granary and please change build queue to Granary then Lighthouse. Once Auda City grows to a population of 4 (3 turns), chop down the forest 3 tiles down from the city and one tile to the right. Also, please have the citizens work as follows:

2 citizens working a forest with 2 food, 1 hammer
1 citizen working the pigs
1 citizen working the sea with 2 food, 2 commerce (2 tiles below the city and one tile to the right.)

This should hopefully help our economy a little, without hurting the city.

If perchance you play enough turns where Auda City grows to 5, have all the citizens work the above, and the new citizen should be working the grassland where the forest was. (2 food)

SoS...away from Civ...Could someone please check on the trades possible.

Also I will MIGHT not be able to play if Dave cant...

More instructions to come.

Poll up to decide on Mongolian War.

If any great people are born (that would be under my control) save them until next time.

edit Don't do this: If the govener of BW posts no instructions change production to obelisk.

Edit - May 15, few minutes before 20:00 CET:
According to this poll ( 10 "for fight" : 2 "for peace" right now )-> Peace/War?
and to this poll -> What we want for peace?
My instructions are as follows...
1) Front line:
- Continiu the war. Concentrate forces near Bashbalik. Every unit which is betwen Turfan and Beshbalik shoul go toward Beshbalik, then toward Karakorum if Beshbalik is captured. When there will be 2 chariots and 3 axes ready to attack Beshbalik, then attack.
Attack order: First two chariots ( one chariot has an exp. - give him "combat2" ), then axes ( first those with higher ods to win ).
- After taking Beshbalik heal the units and march towards Karakorum.
Attack order in Karakorum: First chariots, then units with higher ods (swords and axes). Attack only when the forces will be big enough to take the city during one turn!!!(to prevent enemy archers from getting "city defence").
- Two units (warrior and a spear) near Karakorum should stay ther. If any archer will leave the city and move toward Abydos, follow him and kill if necessary.
- Sword SW of Abydos: heal and then join those two units ( near Karakorum ).
2) Other units:
- Russian Spy (warrior): go few tiles to the S of Turfan, watch out for barbarians.
- Archer 2 tiles W of the OldSarai: go to Turfan, fertify there.
- Archer built in BW: go to Abydos, then through the jungle to the N.
- Axeman fortified E of TU: stay there, watch for barbarians. If an enemy barb swordsmen apears, stay and defend the gems deposit. If an enemy axeman apears move E to the jungle and provoke him to attack, if he moves to the gems deposit - kill him there. Do not attack barb axeman if he is in a jungle!!!
- Swordsman W of BW: heal then move to the forest/hill to the N. Fortify there, watch for barbarians.

3)Promotions:
- Every axe and sword that is located near front line, and will probably take action during capturing cities - promote them with "city rider".
- Archers: promot them with "city defence"
- Chariots: do not promote unless it's realy needed.
- Other units: do not promote unless it's realy needed.

You have my permision to stop any offensive activity and sign a peace treaty if Mongols will agree to give us math ( Ofcourse if SoS is willing to ).

Received this question via PM, reposted without permission. (sorry Dutchfire if this bothers you, but the answer is generally applicable)

dutchfire said:
could you explain the chain of command again?

Do I have to post in 2 hours after the last one should post, but that would be a very bad time for me (me being at school)

It's "before 2 hours after the deadline for the previous player in the chain" -- which means any amount of time before. That is, just say you can play and when ahead of time, and if everyone ahead of you says they can't play or doesn't post then it falls to you.

Hope that helps. :)

no problem here

I just hope you can play

are my instructions ok btw?

Instruction for Mic's Gate:

Please move the citizen off the 1f 3h tile to the cottage 2S of the city. The lighthouse will still finish next turn. After the lighthouse finishes move the citizen on the copper mine to one of the coastal tiles. The city should be using 2 cottages and 1 coastal tile. On growth add the new citizen to the plains cottage tile.

Start a granary but allow the Science minister to use the city for research if necessary.

thanks whomp, as I see it now we're on the edge of researching literature in 2 turns but i don't know the effect of the building of a (useless!) obelisk in BW where research was build until now. I ask the DP to pay attention to the research time and to try and shorten it

I believe it is Calender that obsoletes the obelisk and looking at the MoS it is not in the research line up. And after rereading the CoL i found it was not in my power to mandate the construction. It says Every 4 buildings The MoC can require a cultural building to be produced.. I thought every 4th time something was constructed.

Toot uncommon

Sorry for the late instructions, I've been busy lately. Also, I'm having trouble opening the save so the instructions will be vague.

Continue production of current project, theatre I believe. Because i can't see the save, if this project finishes, I want the DP to decide what shall be next. I can always change it next time.

PS. Any advice of opening the save? PM me :)

@ Vind

the obelisk produces culture in a city that has a lot of culture already,so no need for it

Adjust science % to the highest rate the interface allows. I'm not looking at the game so don't know our gold position, but it will adjust the rate down when we run out of money.

Stop when the Mongolians have been assimilated. We will need to discuss how to retool our economy for peacetime at that point.

i can't play until at least tomorrow 1400 GMT

Ok , play. I didn't notices the whole mess earlier ;] so I didn't respond to your PM at time. Play, have fun :}

Top Bottom