Play The World (Earth 128*80)

Play The World (Earth 128*80) 1.2.2

totalslacker

Chieftain
totalslacker submitted a new resource:

Play The World (Earth 128*80) - True-start location Earth with Real Map Labels and real resource placement

True-start location Earth with Real Map Labels and real resource placement. Works with all game versions and DLC, up to New Frontier. Compatible with the Natural Wonder Selector, Dams, Disasters, Global Warming, Melting Sea Ice, Ley Lines, and more

Earth (128*80)

• Europe has been upscaled for better gameplay
  • Resources are placed using the map generator options
  • Features Real Map Labels
  • Enormous Size (128*80)

Read more about this resource...

totalslacker updated Play The World (Earth 128*80) with a new update entry:

Update Version 1.1.4 - Real City Names Update

Update Version 1.1.4
-Real City Names for the entire Equal Area Earth map
-Cities are renamed based on their geographic location. Features Civilization Specific names and Native Only names
-Added Civilization specific names for the Maya, Mapuche, Inca, Phoenicia, Byzantium, Gaul

Update Version 1.1.3
-Included Real City Names for Earth (128*80) by jiafish
-Initial version of real city names, will be expanded in future updates

New Options For Equal Area Earth:
-Expand Scotland: Add extra...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New version of Earth (128*80) featuring more upscaling of Europe and Asia

Update Version 1.2.0
-New version of Earth (128*80) featuring more upscaling of Europe and Asia
-Improved TSLs for City-States
-New Alternate City-State TSLs:
-Vatican City --> Lhasa
-Bologna --> Reykjavik
-Brussels --> Copenhagen
-Mexico City --> New York
-Akkad --> Harare
-Wolin --> Visby
-These alternate TSLs will activate if the original starting plot is taken
-Updated Real City Names and Real Map Labels

Update Version 1.2.1

Hotfix Update:
-Included MapValuesChanges.sql in the Data folder
-This file will load after the start positions tables are initialized to make changes via SQL
-Chandragupta will now start at Delhi or the generic Indian alternate start in south India if the Babylon DLC is activated and Nalanda is detected in the database (may not necessarily be in-game)
-Workaround to ensure Nalanda can always spawn correctly even if Leader TSLs are enabled (this deletes Chandragupta's leader TSL when the...

Update Version 1.2.2

Update Version 1.2.2
-Fixed Mali start location (moved down by 2 plots)
-Macedon's default start position no longer blocks Istanbul from being settled
-Added some overrides to city-start starting locations when "Force TSL" is activated to ensure certain CS can spawn

New Advanced Setup Menu Options:
-Faster Sea Travel: Units move twice as fast on Ocean terrain
-Disable Free CS Envoy: No free envoys from being the first player to meet a City-State
-Disable Emergency Visibility: No shared...

hi,

first of all i would like to thank you for this map and for keeping it updated - it is god level - i tried various and this one is THE ONE - reduced fire, real map labels, TLS seems tight and without conflicts/overlaps and it is just beautiful and big. i have one question though.

question - i am not sure how do the labelling system works but i find that labels are applied somewhat randomly for me. i use 'reveal all' from the debug menu and i cannot see many river and minor seas on the map - specifically around Africa (Sahara Desert, Sangareya Bay, Bay of Guinea, Yof Bay etc.) Is it dependent on the civs having settled so they 'name' the specific regions on the map ? i have minor seas and rivers set as true in MapLabelManager.lua :
local bExtraLabels = true;
local bRivers = true;
i find the Load Database from YNAMP a bit confusing - although i tried without and with it loaded and it seems i still cannot get many labels visible.

thanks in advance !

i just did a bit more testing and id definitely seems like it is the proper game mechanic to place labels only when major civs are around to name them - makes sense. still i cannot see west africa land and water regions. playing as mali.

could you check if theres any problem in this section (i dont understand lua nor civ db references sorry) >

if bExtraLabels then
szName = Locale.ToUpper(Locale.Lookup("LOC_NAMED_SEA_HANN_BAY_NAME"));
pOverlay:CreateTextAtPos(szName, (x-164), (y-64), FontParams_PointOfInterest);
szName = Locale.ToUpper(Locale.Lookup("LOC_NAMED_SEA_YOF_BAY_NAME"));
pOverlay:CreateTextAtPos(szName, (x-164), (y+64), FontParams_PointOfInterest);
szName = Locale.ToUpper(Locale.Lookup("LOC_NAMED_SEA_BAY_OF_ARGUIN_NAME"));
pOverlay:CreateTextAtPos(szName, (x-164), (y+192), FontParams_MinorRegion);
szName = Locale.ToUpper(Locale.Lookup("LOC_NAMED_SEA_SANGAREYA_BAY_NAME"));
pOverlay:CreateTextAtPos(szName, (x-128), (y-224), FontParams_MinorRegion);
szName = Locale.ToUpper(Locale.Lookup("LOC_NAMED_SEA_GULF_OF_GUINEA_NAME"));
pOverlay:CreateTextAtPos(szName, (x+384), (y-384), FontParams_MinorRegion);
end
elseif(szName == Locale.ToUpper(Locale.Lookup("LOC_NAMED_LAKE_SEA_OF_GALILEE_NAME"))) then
print("Don't create text over natural wonder")

hi,

first of all i would like to thank you for this map and for keeping it updated - it is god level - i tried various and this one is THE ONE - reduced fire, real map labels, TLS seems tight and without conflicts/overlaps and it is just beautiful and big.
Completely agree! It is just both functioning well and just plain beautiful. Makes you fall in love with our planet. With Fraxis's selective Natural Wonder picker you can pretty much customize the world you want to see without extra mods. Say, I hate what Dover does to England -- just deselect the wonder, and puff, it's gone!

Hi, I'm new to these forums, and so I hope this is the correct venue and context to ask this question: I'm having an issue with this mod that seems that it must be compatibility related -- yet it seems that someone else would have to have noticed it before. Nevertheless, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. I'm running the Legacy version to preserve compatibility with JT Warhammer; almost all mods that I want to run are compatible, except a few that Gedemo recently updated. I'm able to run this map with YNAMP options (and Good Goody Huts, and Wonderous Goody Huts) with random leaders; so far Jadwiga and Tjilpi have begun without issue (except the occasional "unhandled exception", which in Jadwiga's case turned out to be a ghost because she settled just fine). However, when I select Sukritact's Muhammad Keita as leader, I receive the error that mods failed to load. I looked in the Steam workshop posts and see that earlier in the year (so presumably from the time that is now Legacy) Total Slacker remarked that this mod has incompatibilities with various Gedemo city-states. Is the same true of some leaders? Are there known incompatibilities with Sukritact's mods, or with Muhammad Keita of Mali in particular?

Top Bottom