Player being a vazal

Kierkegaard

Warlord
Does anyone know if there's a mpd or somthing where the player can be a vazal of an AI? I really miss this in a game tbh! It makes it more realistic and more fun. I hope this is included in the next civilization.

What do you guys think?

Why would you want to admit that you're too weak to look after yourself? Not to mention that it would be way too easy to exploit. Cultural victories would be a breeze.

It would be handy for like playing deity etc :).

And I don't think it would be that easy to exploit. It would be the same as AI could exploit it right now.

It would be handy for like playing deity etc :).

And I don't think it would be that easy to exploit. It would be the same as AI could exploit it right now.
The problem with that is that the AI roleplays, if it actually tried to win it would be far worse.
As an example, imaging your playing and you run into Shaka, it would be far to easy to offer your self as a vassal to become effectively immune to war for the entire game and go for a peaceful victory. The vassal is the only one who can cancel the deal, the Master has litle say in the matter.

It would be ridiculously easy to exploit. You don't have to build any military after all, just let the other civ protect you. That frees up alot of resources. You could set your Research slider at 90% or so and leave it or crank your Culture way up, since you won't have to pay for any troops. Or at least not many. And it's not the same as how the AI can exploit it, as the human is much smarter.

The problem with that is that the AI roleplays, if it actually tried to win it would be far worse.
As an example, imaging your playing and you run into Shaka, it would be far to easy to offer your self as a vassal to become effectively immune to war for the entire game and go for a peaceful victory. The vassal is the only one who can cancel the deal, the Master has litle say in the matter.

Last game I had, Isabella was a vazal of someone and she was about to win a cultural victory until they declared war upon her and her master. Unfortunaly I don't have a save anymore.

I would also make a few changes so the master can declare war on his vazal at cost of unhapinness (like +3:mad: you broke the pact or something)

It would be ridiculously easy to exploit. You don't have to build any military after all, just let the other civ protect you. That frees up alot of resources. You could set your Research slider at 90% or so and leave it or crank your Culture way up, since you won't have to pay for any troops. Or at least not many. And it's not the same as how the AI can exploit it, as the human is much smarter.

You still have to build troops to defend your city, otherwise the AI would capture them with ease.

It's true that the human is smarter then the AI. (at least most of the times). But that is with every game aspect.

You still have to build troops to defend your city, otherwise the AI would capture them with ease.

Become the vassal of someone powerful enough and you'll never have to worry about anyone declaring on you. And if you're in the right location, any attacker would have to go through your master first in order to get to you. There's far too many ways that the human could exploit this.

@ tom123

A human player could never and can never become a vassal. It was always recognized as an exploit.

Which is why it isn't in the game it self but the OP is asking for a mod that allows this.

Having it in a mod will allow players who don't want to abuse it have the option, and they should. Sadly though I know of no such mod that allows it.

@ tom123

A human player could never and can never become a vassal.

Except in multiplayer I believe. But you can't vassal to an AI. I think it well within the scope of the gameplay to allow this. It just needs the appropriate modifiers installed. As well as AI that can understand the addition. Simply removing the ability to win any victory as a vassal BUT making vassals more difficult to manage/hang on to would be a better system I think. This would make a vassal/colony always seeking its independance rathyer than hiding behind an admitance of defeat.

I think it should have been added. You can exploit by offering vassalization and recieve free techs and break away, but you should not do that because its wrong. Its like the WB, you can cheat, but you dont. BTW if the player cheats by vassalizing himself, he couldve just done that with the WB.

I think it should have been added. You can exploit by offering vassalization and recieve free techs and break away, but you should not do that because its wrong. Its like the WB, you can cheat, but you dont. BTW if the player cheats by vassalizing himself, he couldve just done that with the WB.

I think the ability for the human player to build 10-hammer Tanks from the very beginning should be added. You can exploit by running over everyone and winning a Conquest victory soon after starting the game, but you but you should not do that because its wrong. Its like the WB, you can cheat, but you dont. BTW if the player cheats by building 10-hamer Tanks, he couldve just give himself these Tanks with the WB.

I think the ability for the human player to build 10-hammer Tanks from the very beginning should be added. You can exploit by running over everyone and winning a Conquest victory soon after starting the game, but you but you should not do that because its wrong. Its like the WB, you can cheat, but you dont. BTW if the player cheats by building 10-hamer Tanks, he couldve just give himself these Tanks with the WB.

That ain't even remotely the same thing. Your option makes it so that in order to avoid the "wrong thing" you have to not use a feature of the game. (the tank unit)
The343danny's idea can be avoided without having to miss out on the entire feature. I think he makes a good point. (With the exception of allowing it in multiplayer. The game is just way too competative to offer that amount of an edge based on an unspoken code of honor.)

This is the same way people dog Civ 3. "Civ 3 sucks because I can't resist taking advantage of game flaws." Yet the Civ 3 fans have no problem adjusting their gameplay to go around such flaws and not hold it against the computer or the game. Just because you CAN exploit something doesn't mean you have to. If you are the type of person that would exploit this because you CAN, then what is the difference between you and a world builder cheater. Because you CAN do that to but yet you refrain.

mmm question. You can be a vazal in MP. So with modifying something you should be able to be a vazal in SP. Anyone know what exactly?

Your option makes it so that in order to avoid the "wrong thing" you have to not use a feature of the game. (the tank unit)

No, the 10-hammer Tanks avaliable in the beginning which I propose are different then usual Tanks at Industrialism. Both will be in the game.

And 343Danny's option makes it so that in order to avoid the "wrong thing" you have to not use a feature of the game. (the human vassalage)

I don't get all that "let's deliberately add some exploits and unbalanced options to the game, because using them would be wrong anyway" thinking.

Does anyone know if there's a mpd or somthing where the player can be a vazal of an AI? I really miss this in a game tbh! It makes it more realistic and more fun. I hope this is included in the next civilization.

What do you guys think?

Lokolus made several scenarios where you can play as a vassal civilization. (Earth 1600 AD, Earth 1790 AD, etc.)

A player being a vazal? Hmm.... I'm not so sure. A player being a vassal? Oh, that's another story. ;)

I like the idea, because this way you can surrender to the raging Shaka when he's destroying you. However, there should be repercussions if you agree to become a vassal to an AI. One repercussion that's already in place, is culture boundaries with your master. There should be more, like... thinking at the top of my head right now, no diplomatic interactions. Meaning no trading etc except with your master. Another repercussion is, because you are dedicated to your master via the vassal relationship, you have to follow your master's orders. Like what to research or to attack in a war. The idea can be worked on to make it balanced, and I'd like to see some developers create this aspect...

Top Bottom