Player name changes after saving

Knight451

Chieftain
I have started a game and named my leader, saved and exited game. The next time I come back into the game the leaders name is the name of my computer system. I know it's a ploy to get people form not shutting down the game right?

Yeah it is annoying being called HOMEPC by default heh.

Going to change my computer name to Eyemaze just because of that.

I think people would look at me a little strangely if my computer was named Grand Poobah.:) js.

I found the name string in the Civilization4.ini file (or something close to that) that gets added into Your My Documents/My Games/Firaxis Games/Civilization IV/ (or something close to that). I was having the same problem, but I went and edited the name string in the ini file to my name (it's obvious which one it is) , and now when I launch, everything appears correct. I think that the problem is attributed to the way that Civ IV builds the original ini file, but that's just a guess. Renaming the computer AFTER it is first installed and launched will not change the Leader name, as I have experienced.

Actually if you hit alt+d it will allow you to rename in the game. Goes to show that reading the manual can help occasionally. lol.

Top Bottom