1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] PlayEuropeAgain, invisible rivers, possible root cause and fix

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Sigurdsson, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Sigurdsson

Sigurdsson Chieftain

Taken from this post, there are invisible rivers on the PlayEuropeAgain map - this is a known issue in Civ itself, but the root cause seems to be related to river flow direction, i.e. the last tile of the river is flowing against the direction of the other river tiles, Civ doesn't know which flow animation to play, and so doesn't render the river. If that flow is fixed via something like the Cheat Map Editor, the river becomes visible again, once reloaded.

Is this something that could be fixed at the map layer for PlayEuropeAgain?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I've noted to check that. I'm unsure if the bad flow direction is defined at the origin (ie in my map script, in that case, yes it's easy to fix, but tedious to detect, in the past I found it simpler to redraw the whole disappearing rivers) or a bad decision of the gamecore engine when civ6 is applying GS new option like ("floodable floodplains") as reported here:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...aps-after-calling-generatefloodplains.650202/

thanks for the report, as I have a precise plot to analyse now.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

good news: easy to manually fix, it's on the mod side, at least for that example.
    bad news : may takes time to fix.