1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CTP] Playing as Barbarians in Call to Power 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Blake00, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Hi guys,

I'm doing a series of games and videos where I attempt to play as the Barbarians via cheat mode, fan editors, or hex hacking. Had great success with Civ 1, Civ 2 & ToT as there's some good guides out there but as I look to other Civ related games things start to get a bit harder haha!

In Call to Power activating cheat mode can allow you to create a city next to a Barbarian unit and give it some stuff. The Barbarians will capture the city. However unfortunately the Civ human player selector does not include Barbarians so unless there's a hidden trick (like in Civ2's cheat editor) then you cannot take control of them. Therefore does anyone know of a good CTP save file editor or save file hex editing guide that might make this a possibility?

Attached Files:

2. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Ooooh yes!!!! I've successfully taken control of the Barbarians in CTP 2 by selecting Player 0 in the in-game editor and creating some cities and units.. all you see is black so I thought it didn't work however once I ended the turn I could see my units and once I moved them around it uncovered the black fog of war map thank goodness. Awesome!!! :)

Now if only I could do the same with CTP1 but its in-game editor will not let you select player 0/barbs.. unless there's a very well hidden loophole I'm gonna need something external (eg a good CTP1 editor or a savegame hacking guide).