Playing as France

starkhorn

Chieftain
I'm playing a France in the 1939 scenario v.30.

Several points.

First great mod - loving it.

I don't like the long time it takes for AI to do turn, i.e. waiting around for lots and lots of airplace attacks is dull. I ended up changing the option for quick combat but find that i

Air attacks. I find intercepting does nothing. I know experience is coming in next version but i find it impossible to protect the land troops. wondering if damage to land troops should be kept to only 1 if attack craft got intercepted?

as france, I've lost alot of land and cities but never seen a single partisan unit. is this not working?

i had an academy and i researched attack aircraft. i later sold the academy and i lost the ability to build that aircraft. That normal/expected?

Britain has huge army but never leaves england. i have "limit embark ai" enabled.

Limit embarked AI means it can't embark.
You need a military accademy, yes!
Partisans aren't implemented yet.
Yes, interception is complete rubbish - see, Gedemon!

interception doesn't work if quick combat is activated.

that's fixed in v.31 beta5 with the DLL for R.E.D.

thanks. Another thing I noticed. With foreign legion, when you take a city - it doesn't actually change sides. You destroy any units present, pillage but the city remains the same side.

thanks. Another thing I noticed. With foreign legion, when you take a city - it doesn't actually change sides. You destroy any units present, pillage but the city remains the same side.

Have you by any chance attacked Damascus?

Special Forces units will not be able to take cities. Foreign Legion is a "test" unit for Special Forces. I'll have to look at the exact behavior, I don't want the unit to actually enter the city.

Top Bottom