Playing on a dual-monitor setup

MikalJ

Chieftain
Greetings, CivFanatics!

I've recently grabbed myself a new two-monitor setup and naturally the first thing I tried was loading a game of Civ... Only problem is that I've until now been running the game fullscreen, which doesn't like having the extended space. It fills up my new monitor and looks lovely, but minimises if I click in another window too many times, and scrolls the map when I move my cursor onto the display extension. Have switched to windowed mode which removes the performance issues, but leaves me with jagged text due to the cramping of the window to display the taskbar.

Is anyone else playing the game like this, and if so, how do you get round these issues?
Thanks in advance for any help that you're able to offer!

Hello,

to prevent this clipping error in the windowed mode you could write own resolution values into the CivilizationIV.ini of Civ4:BTS. (In a subfolder of [My Documents]\My Games ).
Edit this file with a texteditor and alter the lines for width and height.

That would work, thanks for the suggestion! Would this filter down into my mods, or would I need to configure each of them seperately?

It depends from your mod loading method. Sometimes it is useful to start with the game with the Ini-Argument which allows to select an other ini file. Obviously, in this case the change will be ignored :), but otherwise it will work in your mods.

Top Bottom