1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Playing Rise and all on Bootcamp until mac version comes out-- seems boked

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by gadgetfreaky, Feb 9, 2018.

1. gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky Chieftain

- I can't click on the science or culture settings to change what I'm researching. Also hard to even move unit

Seems like some sort of trackpad tracking issue. Any ideas for fix?

2. SirWill90

SirWill90 Chieftain

Using any mods? Dumb question I know, but I have been playing R&F with the new patch in Bootcamp since release with no issues.

3. Hactar

Hactar Chieftain

Wouldn’t mind trying that, but there’s no way I’m shelling out another ~$200 for a Windows license just for Civ.

4. SirWill90

SirWill90 Chieftain

It is nice to have the ability for this situation, but it will be nicer once Aspyr gets the Mac version working. Once they finally got the fall patch working, man that was (is) nice to be able to play on High Sierra, but I just couldn’t wait however long it’s going to be to try R&F on it.

Also, it isn’t $200 for a copy of Windows, more like $90. Bought mine from Best Buy before realizing all I needed was a key for Bootcamp. A very easy process. I find that having the ability to run Windows if needed (most of my other games require it) well worth that cost for me, though I prefer to run MacOS.

5. Hactar

Hactar Chieftain

I’m Canadian. I exaggerated slightly, but the current price for Windows 10 Home at Best Buy here is $165. Add 12% tax and you’re at 185 Canadian pesos, which I rounded up to “~$200”. Yes it’s probably cheaper in the States.

6. SirWill90

SirWill90 Chieftain

Ah ok, I had obviously not considered that, sorry. I wonder what it would cost you to get it from Microsoft online? Might be worth doing if you have other uses for it besides just Civ. If you were to do that, if memory serves all you would need is disk space and a key, no physical drive is needed iirc.