1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing the Ai against each other,

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Im_An_Eejit, May 20, 2011.

1. Im_An_Eejit

Im_An_Eejit Chieftain

Basically, first game i've ever played on Deity, as China, took over mongolia, demark and songhai almost immediately, its on Marathon so it was a long time ago - recall using Knights so maybe not immediately.
    But thats not the point, basically felt bad for taking these civilisations down and decided to give them all cities upon a smaller subcontinent off the mainland, these cities are all completely useless, but throughout the game i decided to continue placing cities and giving them each to the Iroquis, America, Babylon and Germany. Relatively quickly the hostilities from the mongolians etc. disipated. And AI hostility took its focus away from me and upon the other AI. i know have a lead of almost 1000 and am currently in good favour with a majority of the AI.
    So anyone else tried creating these cities simply for future benefit, as far as i know everyone else is at war, with only America, the Iroquis having any reason as they are on the same continent.
    Not sure if these cities are provoking such aggression, but on lower difficulties i would usually find myself at regular war with at least 1 or 2 civs.
    Were the cities the reason?

2. Eat_My_Brains

Eat_My_Brains Chieftain

Its a good idea, however doesnt making extra cites and then passing them on still increase your social policy costs. Or do the costs go back down once the city changes hands?

3. Im_An_Eejit

Im_An_Eejit Chieftain

Basically my Empire is so big that i've given up on seeking social policies, in most games i value them immensely, but in this one i am so ridiculously huge that it will take an incredible amount of turns for me to be churning out a substantial level of culture. But yes it does increase your social policy costs.

4. Deau

Deau Emperor

I personally much prefer mass puppeting and then selling/giving the very bad puppets to obtain similar results. ofc this means they stay alive with one city on the main land but a crippled civ with an extra crippled city won't do much harm to you anyway.

Doing so alleviates the increasing SP costs. Anyway bad city sales/gifts are always a good mean to either get rich or bump diplomacy up.

I didn't know you could get back to friendly with a civ you took more than 3 cities and their capitol by doing so though. Guess I used to be a little too tight in my city "gifts" aka trade them for less than their value but still for the very most I could ripoff.

Moderator Action: Lets try to stay away from racial stereotypes, whether you meant it positively or negatively, it just takes away all confusion. Thanks. :)

*edit* alright removed the racial stereotype, sorry if it offended anyone

5. MisterSaturnine

MisterSaturnine Warlord

Just trading away a useless puppet instead saves you the hassle of building/buying settlers and a hell of a lot of culture for social policies. I'll have to agree with Deau on this one. But too Jewish? Are you seriously going there? For shame.