Playstyle - Take Your Time Mod

Ok, so serious question. Once you get used to Civ 6, how can you tolerate not using the Take Your Time mod? The base game; while fun definitely seems to progress entirely too fast to enjoy the nuances of the units, wonders, districts, policy cards, and religious choices.

I personally can't play the base game as it moves too fast.

Ok, so serious question. Once you get used to Civ 6, how can you tolerate not using the Take Your Time mod? The base game; while fun definitely seems to progress entirely too fast to enjoy the nuances of the units, wonders, districts, policy cards, and religious choices.

Just using a slower game speed doesnt work for you?

‘Just using a slower game speed’
or how to have a 750-turn game reliably end in 450-550 turns with ages and GP going way too fast.

There are multiple alternatives to Take Your Time mod, but something has to be used to have immersion.

‘Just using a slower game speed’
or how to have a 750-turn game reliably end in 450-550 turns with ages and GP going way too fast.

There are multiple alternatives to Take Your Time mod, but something has to be used to have immersion.

I’ve never tried a slower speed but I am utterly unsurprised

Take your time mod is hands down an MUST HAVE in my opinion. I've been playing games set to 50x and you can really lay out your cities well and it's nice to be able to use your units to their fullest potential.

Your posts references the abovementioned modification, but it doesn't explain what it is. Not all of us are familiar. I've personally never used a mod for Civilization VI. What's your sales pitch for "Take Your Time"?

Your posts references the abovementioned modification, but it doesn't explain what it is. Not all of us are familiar. I've personally never used a mod for Civilization VI. What's your sales pitch for "Take Your Time"?

It is one of the best mods for this game; you can find it HERE. What it does is allow you to modify the cost's of "Tech" and "Civics" from x1 to x50, so it slows the game down. I would recommend you set it to x10 to start out to get a feel for how it works. Imagine being able to actually use/enjoy each unit for a good period of time before it becomes obsolete, or being able to plan and grow your cities out before you decide on districts; your base land value/yields become much more important and you can plan out what type of city each one will be.

Any game changing mods other than AI improvement (which I don't have for 6) feels like cheating

Any game changing mods other than AI improvement (which I don't have for 6) feels like cheating
I can't imagine how UI improving mods would feel like cheating, but to each his own . . .

I can't imagine how UI improving mods would feel like cheating, but to each his own . . .
Well of course UI enhancement mods doesn't count as well.

Well that’s a bizarre hang-up that is preventing you from enjoying a lot of high-quality, free content. Sorry you feel that way.
I know.. It just feels like cheating to me. Don't know why. I mean I didn't have an issue with VP in 5, so I don't know what changed in 6. Perhaps just because I can't be bothered testing them and because the only grunch I have with the game is the AI.

I personally don't see why you need a mod for that, I play Marathon all the time (which if I'm correct trebles the production requirements). Sure it turns a 1500-turns game to a win in 700 roughly, but if I'm not mistaken the 500-turns normal speed is usually won in 300, correct?

Marathon games seem pretty long to me, I can't imagine what 10x would do?

I personally don't see why you need a mod for that, I play Marathon all the time (which if I'm correct trebles the production requirements). Sure it turns a 1500-turns game to a win in 700 roughly, but if I'm not mistaken the 500-turns normal speed is usually won in 300, correct?

Marathon games seem pretty long to me, I can't imagine what 10x would do?

I think some of these timescale mods also change how long it takes to build and research things

Well, not sure how everything interacts, but in Marathon when you first start, it will take you on average 45 turns to achieve Code of Laws (similar for the Science tree), so I guess production, science and culture are all entwined and all scale down.

Top Bottom