plea to firaxis: suryavarman leaderhead

s0ulst0rms

Chieftain
is it just me or do other members of the civ community feel that the suryavarman leaderhead is disappointing? i know there aren't many records of the leader's face, but he looks like a deformed grandma. what is everyone else's opinion on this issue?

leaderhead:
http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1254&c=24

statues:
http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/archy/angkor/suryavarmanII.gif

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/bombalim/web/suryavarman2.jpg

pleeease firaxis, please make the god king's leaderhead more youthful or attractive or something. :( :( :(

Haha I'll be honest, when I first saw that leaderhead I had to double check to make sure that Suryavarman wasn't a woman.

In the game he has quite a bigger nose, but when you look at the statues he doesn't have anything characteristic. I think Firaxis wanted to give him more of a visible character, you look the other leaders. That is why they all look like they're ripped from a cartoon. :(

Hey, maybe some civfanatics think that leaderhead is hot. I mean, look how popular the old-timer Boudica leaderhead is. Just give Suryavarman some juicy breasts and he'll soon overtake Boudica in popularity. :lol:

He looks okay to me. He's certainly more believable as a leader than, say, Hatshepsut (who looks like a kid on a costume fair).

Can't comment on historical accuracy though, but if the two links you provided are the best the net has to offer, then I'd speculate that their isn't much known about his looks anyway.

he does look believable, but he looks more like a Thai Buddha Statue. actually, he looks pretty realistic compared to some of the other leaders.

and im still angry they chose him over Pho. :joke: :D

I think he looks pretty cool. Not sure if it is historically correct, but that's pretty had to check. It does seem has has a nasty cold.

He is one of the best leaderheads. So Firaxis please dont make the suryavarman's leaderhead more youthful or attractive or something!

BTW. Montezuma has a bad leaderhead - he looks like caucasian guy with a tan. Most female leaderheads are bad and Hatshephut is the worst.

The game ships in a month. They have more important things to do.

He definitely looks ugly, like a mad killer in a horror movie. I wouldnt play him in the middle of the night...

By the way, doesnt he look like a chinese verison of zombie but with a different costume?

He does look kind of scary, but I'll withold judgment until I see him in-game. I do think that he might offer a few retexturing opportunities though, perhaps as Ican, Aztec, or Myan. Basically, you'd add some feathers, change the skin color, change the green shirt to something else.... Maybe not a perfect conversion, but it's one of the better options in my opinion if you want a new Meso-American leader.

I thought Khmers believe they descended from Indic people called the Kamboja-s. Shouldn't the guy look Indian-like or at least be brown-skinned? Its hard to believe that that guy is the second Hindu leader in Civ4 (Asoka's a Buddhist).

:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Hahaha! See Firaxis. This is what you get when you choose the wrong SE civ! Complaints. If you chose Vietnam there would be less worries because you could have made The Trung sisters a hot leaderhead (Imagine two hot woman on the same diplomatic screen). But, you went with the wrong choice.

If a newbie were to check in and seen all the complaints he must think "Gee even the FANATICS are upset about the game. Why should I waste money on this?"

Look at all the complaint Firaxis has now
Ugly Suryavarman head
Queen Boudica as leader choice (even though I am happy about it)
Charlemagne as leader of HRE
HRE as a new choice
Nerfing of Expansive Trait
Changing of Augustus Traits
Third leaders for France and America when some still have one
Too much scifi/fantasy content
Inserting Blake's AI

I am sure I missed a few.

:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Man, what a disappointing face.... Well, this just boosts the Ugly Leaderheads thread :lol:

In all seriousness, the leaderhead is fine by current standards. And the Khmer was the best and coolest SE Asian civ available to choose from IMHO. Firaxis did well with the Khmer ... though don't think that quite makes up for the HRE blunder.

He looks to asian to me...

I don't know if it's historically accurate but why did they have to do that?

Top Bottom