Please, explain me this! (solved)

Matrix

CFC Dinosaur
Retired Moderator
Johan511 and TimTheEnchanter both have a score of 1040 and that is not a coincidence. Even when I change their luxuries (so that the score for the population changes) the score remains 1040. It also says: Bonus score. Can someone explain how this can be?

------------------
<FONT size="1">Chemistry is: having fun, drinking beer, having more fun, drinking more beer, hang above the toilet and have a good night sleep!</FONT s>

[This message has been edited by Matrix (edited March 04, 2001).]

I don't know, but I have 23 saved games from playing last months game, And a journal explaining what I was doing and why I did it. I was going to post it if I won. I can send them all to you if you need them. I think it might say bonus because I killed all the other civs, no sure though. But my game is valid.

------------------
If you only get sunshine you end up in a desert.

Originally posted by BigWheel:
Did they both finish in the same year? I remember something about the early finish bonus overriding "normal" scoring when the early finish bonus gives a higher score.
No. Far from it, even.

------------------
<FONT size="1">Chemistry is: having fun, drinking beer, having more fun, drinking more beer, hang above the toilet and have a good night sleep!</FONT s>

Winning by conquest gives a 1000 point bonus regardless of game year..

I've found the cause of the problem and the solution: they both saved their savegames *after* they've conquered the world and now it appears that when I load it, something goes wrong with this score as a result.

Solution: I'll just add the scores of population, achievements, spaceship and so on myself to calculate the score.

Man o man, these is all beginnerstroubles... I just hope that when the next results will come out, it's all set and done and will immediately be the correct ones.

------------------

So is this going to change my score in the rankings?

------------------
If you only get sunshine you end up in a desert.

Yes. I don't know when you'll see it, cos I just sent Thunderfall an update because three people sent their games before the deadline, but after we posted the results. And I'm just finished updating the (normal) HOF. So, somewhere this week you'll see your new score.

Ehh, it's a lower score b.t.w. but I suppose that isn't that disasterous, since you went for the fastest game anyway and you still are, so be .

------------------

Matrix,

So does this mean I should have sent you the saved file from right *before* I walked into the last city? I think I have this file saved off as well, but you said you wanted to
just hit enter so I sent you the later save file. I thought it would save you a couple steps, but evidently it is causing much more work?

I don't see my score up there yet, so let me know if it would help if I sent my other 1842 file.

------------------
There are some who call me...Tim

Top Bottom