Please HALP Lost my UI

So I managed to break my game. I do not fully know how. I updated the SVN to 9772 to try out a few of the new things. I did not want to mess up my current let's play of the game so I updated my second folder of C2C on "myDocuments" and moved that over to the mod folder - renamed it C2C SVN Updated first. However my UI was completely wiped from the screen? I am sure I messed up something.

I have tried deleting the cache under appdata/civIV and appdata/civIVBTS. I also tried deleting all my saves - while moving one save to a separate folder altogether to continue my LP - and all the usersettings under C2C SVN Updated. However I have noticed my profile and game settings are still the same before I start a new game?

Anyways below is a couple of SS showcasing how my game looks atm

upload_2017-12-7_6-55-48.png

upload_2017-12-7_7-2-32.png

upload_2017-12-7_7-2-59.png

O I forgot to mention this has also affected my other C2C folder as well. That also does not get a UI. I did try removing each folder, individually, so that I only had 1 folder present in the mods section however that did not seem to help either

Only have exactly ONE folder containing any version of Caveman2Cosmos in any of your two mods folders. And the mods folder MUST be called exactly "Caveman2Cosmos". Having a 2nd folder named something like "Caveman2Cosmos_old_version" can mess things up. Not sure why, but I found out that it does.

And yes you should also delete the contents of your cache folder:
C:\Users\(user you installed civ 4 in)\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache
N.B. AppData is a hidden folder. If it is invisible, unhide it in Windows File Explorer, tab view -> options -> tab view -> show hidden files and folders, and restart Windows File Explorer.

If troubles happens after an SVN update try deleting the whole folder and do a fresh download.

So just changing the ******* mod folder to Caveman2Cosmos fixed it ><. This was not a problem during SVN 9673
In this case your Cache folder was probably the big culprit. Older stored data will cause this. The game will try to use the cache for loading but if the mod has changed and that data is no longer needed or has been altered it will do what you have just experienced.

But it is also a good practice to keep the main Caveman2Cosmos named folder in your BtS/Mods folder and any older version stored out side the game directory. Just swap the 2 when you want to go back to the older one. But also remember the cache will need cleared every time you swap, just good practical procedures.

Also SVN 9673 is now almost 100 versions Old! We are now on 9772 and Much has changed since 9673. Perhaps updating on a more freguent schedule would also help.

@JosEPh_II I dont want to update too often as I am doing Let's Plays and I do not want to corrupt my save files. Also I had previously deleted the cache and everything else like that yet it did nothing. Yet changing the folder name did? I got super confoosed.

Anyways onto another note @Noriad2 I managed to meet every single other AI withing 100 turns :( on diety nightmare ><

On a side note I am playing on a Large map

@JosEPh_II I dont want to update too often as I am doing Let's Plays and I do not want to corrupt my save files. Also I had previously deleted the cache and everything else like that yet it did nothing. Yet changing the folder name did? I got super confoosed.

Anyways onto another note @Noriad2 I managed to meet every single other AI withing 100 turns :( on diety nightmare ><

There were some interface changes back around the 9673 version.

What size and type of map and number of AI in the game? You probably used the Old World start too I would bet. I never use that any more.

Well sometimes they are not as spread out as one would like. It does happen. Then sometimes you get isolated on a large island/small continent and it takes a while to meet your neighbors.

On your next Let's Play (if you do one) I would suggest trying out toffer's C2C_World map. It's two or three steps better than PW and a step or so better than Perfect_Mongoose.

Top Bottom