1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Please have some reasonableness to the trade offers

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by vmxa, Nov 10, 2016.

1. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

I am so tired of seeing request for three resources for a handful of gold. Then get a dirty look for refusing. Not to mention I would be fine with fewer request of all types.

I suspect that we take a diplo hit for not agreeing to essentially gift them resources. That seem fair, sure. I would not mind, if the offers were mildly unfavorable, but not going to pull my pants down and bend over.

LDiCesare likes this.
  2. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Trade offers seem to be related to your current relationship. Somebody who thinks badly of you will ask for a lot, somebody who likes you is actually willing to give you favorable deals this time around. Trading Resources 1 for 1 with an ally and getting a few gpt extra offered on top of that isn't a rare sight.

Accepting unfavorable deals can still be beneficial for you though, the positive diplo modifier has value of its own. Just looking at the deal itself only tells half of the story, even selling 3 resources for only a few gpt may be worth it if you don't have anyone else to sell them to and/or a relationship that is savable.

3. Trebjonn

Trebjonn Chieftain

I actually get favourable trades from NPC like they give lux + gold

4. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Hum, well Cleo wanted 3 resources for 4 gold and open borders and she was showing as a friend. In any event, I do not care about any diplo boost. I want semi reasonable request. What would be the point in asking for such a deal? There is no conditions that I would make that deal. I am willing to give more than I get to sort of get along for a bit, but not often.

5. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Trade was awful the whole way through Civ5 and 4 for that matter.

Player: "Hello, I'd like to have one of those luxury resources you have 20 of please, would one of my luxury resources be suitable compensation?"
    Civ: "No, I want all of your strategic resources, all of your gold, 3 of your cities, your first born child and two nights a week with your wife".

(Player kills one unit)

Civ: "Here, take all of my stuff and have a free city..."

SirSaab likes this.
  6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

lol. I usually have about 20 trade routes and many extra luxuries.
    I start off with a delegation then an open border or a cheap luxury.
    Before i know it they are offering 20 per turn for an extra sugar or spice.

Equally the grumpy one that hates something about me I can play with nicely.
    For example feeding them many amenities for about 20 turns then cutting him off does seem to annoy them enough to go to war.As long as I did not make them too happy in the meanwhile so I leave units on their border and make sure if they change to my government I change to another one.

The one that really anoys me is Gilgamesh wanting to be my friend and continually asking me and telling me I am mad. Just too frequent. I am not supid enough to befriend him when everyone else hates him, thats a -4 modifier quite often.

7. craney1987

craney1987 Warlord

I've only played on prince, so this may ne different in the higher difficulties, but when the AI offer me a deal, say 1gpt for dyes, I change their offer to 100gpt. When they refuse i click their offer away and then ask what would make this deal work. They then seem to offer their best price. Often upwards of 50gpt. May be a bug or exploit or something, but ill take advantage every time