Please join TeamCFC: Become a Superhero and help Cure Cancer!

It's one of the dx11 5800 series cards so may be worth it, although having done a bit of reading it sounds like that it will slow the SMP folding. From what I read it seems that the clients dom't get the best out of ATI cards and they return a lower ppd than an equivalent nvidia so as you say it may be points loss for me.

The current ATI client is definitely a lower points producer than the Nvidia clients are, but that doesn't mean it isn't well worth running in certain situations like with AGP cards for example. You can try the ATI client if you like but I agree with you and suspect you will have a net points loss by doing so. The newer ATI client should be out soon and it will be easier to configure with no need for the environmental variables that the current ATI client uses.

BTW, very nice system you have there. :cool:

Redundancy money comes in useful for something. I thought if I didn't get it now I probably never would and my final excuse was that I may be able to get some work at home. Definitley not to to be able to play games better, that had absolutely nothing to do with the decision! :lol:

Think I'll wait for the new ATI client and have a look then.

I just reinstalled after installing a new distro (Arch).

TO ALL FUTURE ARCH USERS:
It is much better to use this AUR entry:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11852
Install it with pacman and add it to your deamons array.

So much easier than the offical version.

Edit: Could you add my name to the members list?

A while ago [like 2+ years :p] i found the program on my ps3. I thought it was pretty cool idea so i installed it. Is there any way to change my group to cfc?

EDIT:Currently installing on my pc, so ignore my above comment

Edit: Could you add my name to the members list?

Abaddon is the founder of TeamCFC and is the person to talk to. If he doesn't read your request then you could send him a PM.

EDIT:Currently installing on my pc, so ignore my above comment

You can run folding on multiple devices and credit them all to your name/team. If you or anyone else wants to run folding@home on their PS3 here is FAQ.

And welcome to the team. :)

I have updated the list...

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I don't want to have to search the thread.
Has anyone had any problems with their computer than derive from the CPU constantly being used with Folding@Home? Or any other problems deriving from the folding? I'm considering joining but my computer is quite tempermental and I don't want to push it over the edge.

If you suffer from overheating.. perhaps? But then you can always set it to fold at a slower rate (say 60% of computer power) an then you'll be fine.

Folding automatically throttles back when you do other things, so it really shouldn't effect the computer much at all.

With only 140 work units done I have reached the top 20 as Srdjan_Njiric. New cores are really generous in scoring.

I was running the standard Windows (non-GPU) client and made my way up to #141 in the CFC list. I decided to update to the SMP client, since I have eight processors that could be working. That is a beta client and works quite differently: I liked it better when the client was in the system tray and I had a quick link to stats, etc.

I tried to go manually to the Folding site to see my stats, but I can only get the top 100 for our team, and I have not made it that far up yet.

Would someone please post me the URL to get the full list of team 47958 stats? Thanks.

Cheers Furiey

Thought I'd join in following the purchase and construction of my first desktop in many years. My laptops haven't been up to the job, especially my AMD Turion ML-32 (single core) laptop from 4 years ago that I thought I'd try with folding, when I posted this:

Thought I'd join too. Says it's going to take 31 days for first WU, but I'll wait for that to regulate.

31 days, hah. Anyway, I'm not as hardcore as some of you who have some very impressive scores, but I'll try and stick at it and get some points for the team, as well as some hopefully life-saving research, of course :). My HD 5770 churns out 511 points worth of work in 5 hours, which I'm rather impressed with. I have my electricity pre-paid for at Uni in my halls of residence, so while I'm here don't see why I can't just leave it going during the day. However, gonna turn F@H off for a bit to play some TF2 now...

Here's me: JamesDS

@ Celeres, Veritass and James-

Thought I'd join in...

Welcome (back?) to the team! :cool:

Every contribution is welcome. Each WU helps to advance science and brings us a tiny step closer to curing some nasty disease. :)

Thought people would be pleased to hear TeamCFC is moving up the ranks. It was rank 201 (including aggregate) when I joined, and is now rank 199. Keep folding people :cool:

I'm sure it has been asked before, but I cannot be arsed to look through 17 pages. I just got a ATI HD 5670 card w/1GB ram. I want a CONSOLE client for the GPU, but all I am seeing is system tray clients. Is there not a console one available that can be set to run as a service like my CPU one is?

I'm sure it has been asked before, but I cannot be arsed to look through 17 pages. I just got a ATI HD 5670 card w/1GB ram. I want a CONSOLE client for the GPU, but all I am seeing is system tray clients. Is there not a console one available that can be set to run as a service like my CPU one is?

If you have an ATI card you can use the GPU2 client - GPU3 is geared up for nVidia at the moment and offers no benefit to ATI.

I see there is an entry for a console client that reads like this:

Windows Vista/7 GPU2 Console client (note running as a service does not work in Vista/7). Uninstall any existing FAH services made with pre 6.20 clients before updating.
So, seems you can't run it as a service like you were wanting to, but it's the console client you were after.

Top Bottom