Please join TeamCFC: Become a Superhero and help Cure Cancer!

Did you join the CFC team?

To contribute to the statistics for TeamCFC, put the number 47958 in the team field

I have started folding :) My laptop is getting very hot!

My laptop got hotter playing Civ5.

I think so. It is on the full setting and running three folds. But they are taking a very long time (3 days) but I am afraid to delete them until the current processes are complete. I have an i7 with 8 cores, but trying to set up running multiple cores is not very informative. I will probably just cut back to one thread as the folds complete.

My GPU fails, so that may be one reason it does not overheat. It is an optimized nvidea 555m along with integrated intel and I may have to turn off optimization to get it to work.

Okay, so I've mostly skipped this thread every time I saw this on OT but today I decided to finally see what this was all about. I installed the software and added myself to Team 47958. I'm glad I can help out TeamCFC and more importantly, the fight against cancer.

Holy crap schmiddi, you've nearly doubled TeamCFC's output! :eek:

Now I'm going to have to go find another machine to shanghai, to stay ahead of you. :mischief:

Welcome new folders. And watch your temps, especially on GPUs; a $200 video card can have a two-bit fan.

Is there a reason that for the last 2 days a fold has been at 94% and will not finish?

I paused it, then finished it, and it finally went through.

Holy crap schmiddi, you've nearly doubled TeamCFC's output! :eek:

Now I'm going to have to go find another machine to shanghai, to stay ahead of you. :mischief:

Stay ahead or make it to 2nd place?

Stay ahead or make it to 2nd place?

All set on 2nd place now. :D The question is, can I get to first place ahead of schmiddi? The current trendlines say no - schmiddi passes me in about ten months, I pass Naskra in about fifteen months.

What happened to trader/warrior?

my current estimate says i get you in little more than 7 months :D

Finally the team is gaining positions again

Your current estimate does not include the GTX650 Ti I have sitting here waiting for installation... :mischief:

Top Bottom