Please join TeamCFC: Become a Superhero and help Cure Cancer!

I run a Mac and F@H doesn't support my GPU, so I can't help with the crashes. Re the bonus points - have you applied for a registration key and entered it in your F@H settings?

@ Quintillus

Is it possible to wipe the computer and re-install windows? Have you taken the cover off and checked for dust build up in the CPU heatsink? It may need a good vacuuming. Do not remove the heatsink, unless you have the ability to clean and re-apply thermal grease between it and the CPU.

As mentioned above, windows re-booted on me last weekend, and it took a couple of days for F@H to get back to allowing me to work on larger folds. Perhaps windows may be interfering at critical times.

Jan. 20 to April 22 made it to the millionaire club.

Turns out the Nvidia card WHQL drivers put out over the last couple months cut your folding output by about 60-80%. :cry:

Back to 314.07 drivers for at least one of my machines, and maybe another...

Are you averaging 2 million points per month?

Is there a secret to your success?

I am just running two i7's and the best I can get is 12K points per day (24/7). Does the bandwidth to the internet have anything to with it? Or does a good GPU fold better?

The one computer only has intel 4000. The other one has an Nvidea Geforce GT 555M. It would not fold.

It says build 7.3.6

Can you update while folding or do you have to close down and does it matter if you are in the middle of a fold? Is there an option to update, or do I have to delete it and then download it again? It is interesting, I tried again last night and it is at 20% now. It would just give an error and state that it would not fold. It slows the computer down drastically when running both the CPU and GPU. To even type here, I had to go from full to medium. It also adjust down to still the same PPD. So, if I am using the computer, I may as well just use the CPU. Thanks for the help.

from what i remember, you just need to stop the old client and then run the update.
The current project should resume normally after the update.

I found in Stanfords folding forums, that sometimes forcing an update of the whitelist by deleting the GPUs.txt in your F@H program directory (whereever you installed it)

The GPU is currently on it's second 14093 point fold. Is there supposed to be a bonus like on the CPU folds or are they just flat rate, and loose points of not folded in the proper time frame? My machine seems to be running stable even at full speed. Thank you for all the feedback.

The GPU is currently on it's second 14093 point fold. Is there supposed to be a bonus like on the CPU folds or are they just flat rate, and loose points of not folded in the proper time frame? My machine seems to be running stable even at full speed. Thank you for all the feedback.

:goodjob:

If you're running at a fast enough speed, after (IIRC) ten completed projects per-fold-device you'll start getting a speed point bonus on each completed return.

And yeah, I'm running close to 24/7 on three machines - all have i7 CPU and a decent video card of 768 shaders or better. RAM and bandwidth don't matter, only processor power (which on the video cards is pretty much the shader count).

A week's out-of-town travel combined with a power outage has put a crimp in my output, but I should be back up to cruising speed within the next couple days.

Top Bottom