Please join TeamCFC: Become a Superhero and help Cure Cancer!

:goodjob:
We need more active users if we wanna keep the pace though.

Wheeeeeee, Top 200 team!! :goodjob:

I'll be acquiring an i7 system in the next few days, and should be able to spend a while testing it with some F@H clients. :mischief:

I think thats pretty amazing guys. Well done!

Okay, got the new gear in and running. The motherboard has three PCIx slots doublespaced, so three of my 9600GSO video cards are fired up, overclocked, and folding, for about 12K PPD. I'm going to be waiting a few days to make sure the CPU is stable before doing any overclocking on it, and another day or so of stress-testing before I set it to folding. And I just realized that my primary workstation hasn't been folding for a week, the expired client finally refused to start back up on my last reboot. :blush:

Hopefully we'll hold off the #201 Hyperlight team at least until we pass the #199 Team Norway so we don't fall out of the top 200 even briefly. :crazyeye:

my GPU has 96 processors, should I get 3 more?

Can you motherboard fit them? Are you willing to pay the electricity cost? Can you still find these GPU's? DO you want to spend the money?
Okay, got the new gear in and running. The motherboard has three PCIx slots doublespaced, so three of my 9600GSO video cards are fired up, overclocked, and folding, for about 12K PPD. I'm going to be waiting a few days to make sure the CPU is stable before doing any overclocking on it, and another day or so of stress-testing before I set it to folding. And I just realized that my primary workstation hasn't been folding for a week, the expired client finally refused to start back up on my last reboot. :blush:

Hopefully we'll hold off the #201 Hyperlight team at least until we pass the #199 Team Norway so we don't fall out of the top 200 even briefly. :crazyeye:

Noooo...I wanted to take your spot...Now im gonna have to fight you for it :p
Anyways, I still havent found a case for the foldbeast...

Alright, anyone want to buy the FoldBeast from me? PG&E is screwing me over. Last month the bill was 180$, not a small sum, but it was a bearable sum. The avg cost per kwh was along the lines on 16.5c or so. This month we got a 350$ bill. We used 9% less electricity this month, but our bill has nearly doubled. The avg cost per kwh is like 40c now and I cant deal with that. I dont make enough money per month to cover that, especially if the winter months are coming and prices are gonna go up even more.

So, I gotta get rid of the foldbeast. Even if its not using too much electricity, it would still be a boon to get rid of it. Ill keep folding on it until I sell or leave on august 11th. After that, its going dark lest someone buys it or wants to fund a 200$/mo hobby.

My i7 is having a bit of a problem, the first 9600 is folding fine, but if I spool up the second or third one it locks up. I'm doing some swapping of cards to rule some potential problems out, but I might be returning the motherboard for a replacement if no other culprit appears. :(

Alright, anyone want to buy the FoldBeast from me? PG&E is screwing me over. Last month the bill was 180$, not a small sum, but it was a bearable sum. The avg cost per kwh was along the lines on 16.5c or so. This month we got a 350$ bill. We used 9% less electricity this month, but our bill has nearly doubled. The avg cost per kwh is like 40c now and I cant deal with that. I dont make enough money per month to cover that, especially if the winter months are coming and prices are gonna go up even more.

But you can use it as a space heater in the winter! :joke:

So, I gotta get rid of the foldbeast. Even if its not using too much electricity, it would still be a boon to get rid of it. Ill keep folding on it until I sell or leave on august 11th. After that, its going dark lest someone buys it or wants to fund a 200$/mo hobby.

I might be able to buy it back from you, see my PM.

Im leaving for about 2 weeks so no folding during that time.

Same here, leaving tomorrow until the end of august.
I hope we're still in the top 200 when we get back.

The foldbeast should be at least partially back up and running by tomorrow evening. :) When you're both back up I'm sure we can make up any lost ground very quickly. :yup:

I have a question, and sorry if this has been asked before, but there is no way I can go through 3 threads... if something that you personally helped worked on is useful, or provides some kind of break through, do they inform you of this?

24/7 if possible. Especially with SMP and GPU clients which have shorter due dates.

I have a question, and sorry if this has been asked before, but there is no way I can go through 3 threads... if something that you personally helped worked on is useful, or provides some kind of break through, do they inform you of this?

My understanding is that they really have no way of determining whose contribution was more useful than the others. That said, my understanding is also that the aggregate amount of data they're getting is useful in itself, it isn't like SETI where it is essentially useless unless there's a non-negative result.

And in other news, I've had a few side issues crop up related to getting the foldbeast going (but hopefully before the end of the week it'll be online), and the 9800GX2's second processor just doesn't like running F@H for me. :(

What OS are you using and what drivers?

XP Pro SP3 and the 190.something driver. I've raised the issue in the FoldingForum, but that machine is down while I get the foldbeast going again anyway.

So, I got my desktop fixed ( motherboard went bad...again. God this thing is a POS)
Anyways, I got a new cooler too, and right now my pc is running the linpack burn in test. Its sitting at around 45C with all 4 cores completely loaded, and with both my GPU's crunching away on a WU. Idle temps arent too much different-38C, but the fact that this 50$ cooler dropped me from 75C on load to 45C on load is simply amazing.

tl;dr: new cooler, Im back to folding at all time low temps.

EDIT -- Damn, the new mobo has a really bad vdroop. I cant even get my cpu to run at 3.6 stable. 3.4 is fine, but 3.6 needs too much voltage for me to feel comfortable with it. Itll still be an increase in pdd though as during the summer I ran at stock.

Top Bottom