Please teach the AI to grab Orthus's Axe

popejubal

Emperor
I don't know if it's because the AI doesn't feel threatened by the Axe because it has 0 strength and 0 movement, but I just played a game (patch i) where the AI left the Axe alone inside its territory... again.

If you're not going to change the AI, could someone at least update the FFHopedia to mention that the Cartography tech gives you a free Orthus's Axe?

don't worry, Sephi handled this and it will be in the next version of Wild Mana, which I'm pretty sure will become part of FFH soon enough ;)

right now they do, if they have the luck to step on it. but it if gets dropped somewhere, it won't get picked unless somebody ends there by chance. :D

[to_xp]Gekko;8542335 said:
right now they do, if they have the luck to step on it. but it if gets dropped somewhere, it won't get picked unless somebody ends there by chance. :D

So, when they attack Orthus, they'll use it. If Orthus smashes his head into a city and dies, it just lays there. Interesting.

Getting attacked by Goblin Archers with Orthus' Axe out of nowhere is certainly a suprise. It never gets old. :D

Or by your local super bear (Combat 5, first strike 4, AND Orthus's axe? Oh what won't you learn to slaughter us all super bear?)

Gah... don't remind me about the ax carrying spiders. Its even worse in FF and orbis though, when the animals gain strength over time. One time, there was that one Cave Bear....

-Colin

Bears and spiders are scary enough already. I'm still unsure how to deal with them except to stay away.. far away.

Bears and Spiders (and other animals to a lesser extent) are dangerous to a single unit, but vulnerable to a stack. Scouts (or Hunters, et c., if you have them) are best, especially with Spiders (since Warriors won't be able to see the Spider).

Of course, if someone has been feeding a string of single units to the animal it can earn a lot of promotions, making it even more dangerous. In those cases (or when you've got an animal with Orthus' Axe) you'll need to send a bigger stack.

This just in ... scouts near the western coastline have reportedly spotted a shark carrying a large axe. More on this story later. In other news, the disappearance rate of fishing vessels continues to rise.

This just in ... scouts near the western coastline have reportedly spotted a shark carrying a large axe. More on this story later. In other news, the disappearance rate of fishing vessels continues to rise.

"We're gonna need a bigger stack."

:lol:

/obvious

Hello,

I don't know if i am on the right topic but i'd like to know if Orthus is "programmed" to be cautious at the beginning of the game. I mean that i've never seen in my games a powerful Orthus, he's always killed a few turns after his appereance... Too bad for the first barbaric hero.

He could just hunt easy targets at the beginning, kill a few warriors, escape and come back stronger to attack cities after a fex promotions...

I easily gets his Axe, it would be fun to see Orthus like a threat and not a game to hunt...

Sorry if i am not understandable, my english is nothing but perfect... (French)

Hyperion, Orthus is extremely aggressive. He often contronts a civ within the first couple of turns of his life if the map is crowded or he spawns close to them, meaning that he doesn't reach high levels before entering combat. But often, he sacks an AI city and stays there.

Although I must say I've tried the animal-thing a couple of times...

Hunter 1: "Beware of its trunks, as always..."
Hunter 2: "I don't think the trunks are going to be a problem, Fred..."
Hunter 2: "... Fred? Fred?"

Bears and spiders are scary enough already. I'm still unsure how to deal with them except to stay away.. far away.

I run away, until I get a scout with animal handling. Then I bring 2 scouts, one to wound, and one to capture. The dead scout makes you animal instantly promoted too, so it's all good. Capturing animals is a huge part of my strategy, actually, (but it gets expensive, and HN units heal very slowly outside your borders)

Top Bottom