Pledge for protection .. and some other observations/questions

adamsolo

Chieftain
So the AIs like to announce pledge of protection to city states. The question is how do we know which AIs are protecting which city states after 50 turns have passed? Do we have to memorize or write this somewhere?

Some observations/questions:

1. AIs are not expanding in Prince difficulty and not guarding their capital well. Way to easy to win.
2. We cannot tell which city-states are allied with which AIs (or am I missing something?)
3. There is no clue about relations between AIs (who is friends or at war with who)

I found this lack of information on Diplomacy very disturbing.
Firaxis, if you're going to patch the game patch hard on diplomacy and AI please.

Thanks for your attention.

I don't know about having a screen saying exactly what each Civ feels about the others, but it would be nice to be able to ask, "How do you feel about xxxx" in the discuss option, and then they could either respond or not depending on how much they like you.

Oh, and as far as I know there's no way to tell who is protecting who. Not that I've seen, anyway. Usually, it's me ;)

Grrrr I just found it, but it is in there, one F keys shows it, like F4?
You can see who they are "allies" with.

Also in another post someone was asking if you can see what the AI has to trade, and it is in that same screen :D

You can access this menu through one of the the icons on top right handcorner of the screen (diplomatic screen).
Beware, when you open this window, you can access to a second window, more detailed, by clicking on a button.

And yes the shortcut is F4

Ok, I'll check the F4 window more carefully, and the second window you mention. Thanks!

(I can't confirm this as I write since I don't have Civ5 on this computer--or anywhere near me, but...)

In answer to Question #2 (OP): I believe their alliance status (with whom or lack thereof) can be easily checked by clicking on the City-State city banner (e.g., Tyre, Stockholm). IIRC, the alliance info is located toward the middle part of the pop-up screen. (Often, in the beginning of the game, this info reads "Nobody")

I'm interested in how you can actually maintain protection over a city-state yourself, since it seems they only last for a couple of turns, at least when it's you who's making it.
I pledge to protect some city-state and a couple of turns later the option of 'Pledge to Protect' re-appears in their window, as if i'm not currently protecting them anymore.

Top Bottom