Plustaticman's Skins

plustaticman

Scout
location for my skins. Please feel free to comment/be critical.
Post 2: Change in location for Modern Armor civ colors.
Post 7: Confederate Cavalry w/ Button by SabreLord included in .zip file
Post 11: Confederate Cavalry button --Created by Sabrelord.
Post 14: Confederate Cannon
Post 20: How to unpack ART0.fpk and install new units

Just made the changes.

I moved the CIV specific colors to places where we normally mark our vehicles. The areas circled in red are the new color locations (Red in this case) and the areas marked in blue are the old ones. I thought they looked a little gaudy where they were.

You'll notice that now the front fenders have the shape of the civ color changed to an hourglass to diminish the headlight effect (headlights are welded on the front slope).

Attachments

• modernarmor.zip
    65.6 KB · Views: 234
To post screen shots I use http://imageshack.us/
A free hosting site.
then enclose the image in IMG tags
[ i m g ] [ / i m g ] without the spaces.
For example:

On the unit, I would go with a more pastel shade for the headlights. I assume that is what they have on the front there. If it is civ coloration, then perhaps shape it like a star instead of a block.

Very nice Stryker... Looks exactly like an ICV. I was amused when you chose that one for your example. I take it that the Stryker is near in coming?

They were supposed to be CIV colors.. I will try a different shape or reduce the glare effect. Now that you mention it, they do have quite a bit of a "headlight" effect. I fixed it I think, let me know what you think. Thanks for the note on how to post screenshots, it posts a small image, but it can be clicked on to make it bigger.

Here's a thought, you have the V shape on the side, maybe civ color that and place it on the front?
The current look is less like a headlight and better then stock.
The stryker is close. The model is done and 1/2 the animating is done.

Bjornlo said:
Here's a thought, you have the V shape on the side, maybe civ color that and place it on the front?
The current look is less like a headlight and better then stock.
The stryker is close. The model is done and 1/2 the animating is done.

I thought about that, but the V on the side is a unit designator. The one facing forward means tank1, up means tank 2, and so on. So I decided against moving it. That said, I might still go back and move the civ color all-together. Next I think I am going to try and create a confederate cavalry... either that or a Cav Scout unit.... we'll have to see. I have a three day weekend so I'll attack it.

Confederate Cavalry!!!
Now there's a unit to add a Confederacy Civ...
Hmmmm.

@Tsume:

I wish I had the ability to rework the thing more so I could actually make it an M1A2 with the CITV and all. Until then, I am reduced to reworking the colors.

@Mr. Will:

I am working on the units for a civil war MOD as we speak. Next up will be Confederate Rifleman, Cannons, and ships. Busy as hell with work, so production has slowed.

Absolutely love the Confederate Cavalry, excelent job there. Though it did bother me that the button graphic was still in yankee blue :(

I'm not claiming to be an artist, but as a quick fix until someone talented comes up with a replacement icon, I have modified the interface button as so.

If you want to use this, please see below for the .dds file. This file needs to be added to the ......./customassets/art/interface/buttons folder.

** Plustaticman, if you want me to remove this file from "your" thread I will do so, I just thought it made more sense to post it here than to start a new thread just for this little thing**

Attachments

• unit_resource_atlas.zip
    470.8 KB · Views: 165
Nice work :)

I like :)

Continue that, I love playing with a lot of differents units for each civilizations

First Draft of Confederate Cannon. This will likely need to be improved. SabreLord, feel free to do another button and post it here. I think I will work on the wheels and do something about the hats.
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• Cannon.zip
    11 KB · Views: 157
How do i get the new unit into the game?

You have to start with unpacking your art0.fpk (located in your firaxisgames/civ4/assets/art directory) file using the unpacker located in the tools section of the forum. After that, move the units folder into your customassets/art folder. Then backup the units you are going to change and copy the d/loaded files into their respective folders.

Chopperhead said:
How do i get the new unit into the game?

plustaticman said:
You have to start with unpacking your art0.fpk (located in your firaxisgames/civ4/assets/art directory) file using the unpacker located in the tools section of the forum. After that, move the units folder into your customassets/art folder. Then backup the units you are going to change and copy the d/loaded files into their respective folders.

lol what? sry Im really not computer savy in the least bit. when I highlight the firaxis folder civ4 pops up I highlight that and it only gives me the option to play, view readme and visit the official website so where would I find these folders? what do you mean unpack? is that the same as unzip? how do I backup my files and once I do where do I put the back up files?

I'd be interested in a tutorial on how to install these generally myself, but I can't seem to find one.

plustaticman said:
First Draft of Confederate Cannon. This will likely need to be improved. SabreLord, feel free to do another button and post it here. I think I will work on the wheels and do something about the hats.
[/URL][/IMG]

We will have some units to rework the american revolution scenario :)

Chopperhead said:
lol what? sry Im really not computer savy in the least bit. when I highlight the firaxis folder civ4 pops up I highlight that and it only gives me the option to play, view readme and visit the official website so where would I find these folders? what do you mean unpack? is that the same as unzip? how do I backup my files and once I do where do I put the back up files?

Ok. Fair enough.

1) Go to the CIV4 Utilities forum and download the pakbuild program
2) Unzip the packbuild program and run it
3) Once in the program highlight the "PAK" menu and click "UNPAK"
4) Go to the ProgramFiles/firaxis games/SID Meirs CIV4/Assets folder
5) Click on ART0.fpk and click open
6) Choose a place you will remember to unpack the files
7) Copy the files to Mydocuments/Mygames/Sid Meir CIV4/CustomAssets/
8) Once you have copied the files, open the art folder and then the units folder
9) Paste the unit files you have downloaded in their respective directories (i.e. Cannon, Cavalry, etc)

Your files are already backed up in the ART0.fpk file so you can always unpack it again or if you want, save the unpacked files someplace else for quick restoration.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

Top Bottom